The Hut Group - THG - Share Chat

We’re flying. Cant believe this was 32p about a month ago. Then again, cant believe it dropped from £8 to 32p.

Glad I DCAd to 78p.

1 Like

What do others see as the medium term prospects for THG?

Personally I think they will be ok, they may suffer a small bit due to the cost of living crisis but as they have said before they are good at adjusting the prices of items based on the commodity prices and they are an online business so cost wise will be good the only thing that will now have to be factored in is the business rates revalidation’s which is expected to hit warehouses a bit more than retail stores.

I am seeing this personally as a decent hold for a year or two and recently it has had a decent uptick in the share price over the last couple of months.

1 Like

Should be a very interesting few days for this one, hoping the upward trend continues! But we shall see

1 Like

DOH. The upward trend has been cured. :crossed_fingers:for next time.

Flying today off news

2 Likes

Yep, glad I averaged down. Has been depressing at times holding this but conviction is strong.

3 Likes

This was a nice surprise when I just logged in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Liberium raised THG to buy with a price of £2.20p

1 Like

Liberum lifted e-commerce group THG to ‘buy’ from ‘hold’ on Monday, hiking the price target to 220p from 55p as it moved to a sum of the parts valuation, with the company now “in play” after confirming it had received a highly preliminary and non-binding indicative takeover proposal from private equity firm Apollo Global Management.

1 Like

£2 plus will be nice :slight_smile: I’m 50p average

Well last year they rejected a £1.70 bid saying it was too low and since then they have had a good contract win the other week and they are removing less profitable contracts so I can’t see Matt accepting anything under £2 although last time he was looking at £2.50 plus but not sure if he will be stuck on that.

But ultimately Matt will have the last say as he still holds the golden share allowing him to block any bid he doesn’t like, although that golden share expires later this year.

2 Likes

Preliminary FY 2022 results and first quarter trading statement

FY 2022 adjusted EBITDA in line with guidance, with enhanced reporting to include divisional profitability

Positive start to FY 2023 with revenue momentum improving significantly through the quarter and profitability and cash generation much improved YoY

FY 2023 revenue and adjusted EBITDA expected to be in line with Company consensus

Reiterate Group’s expectation of being free cash flow neutral in FY 2023

Rights attaching to Special Share to cease in September 2023, supporting a move to the Premium segment of the Main Market; timing subject to completion of FCA listing regime review

2 Likes

Personally I don’t think the Apollo deal will go through as I can’t see them paying what Matt will want although if they buy it and separate and sell they would make significantly more money and to be honest I think anyone who buys it will split it into 3 as it would be worth much more.

If it doesn’t go through I will be topping up when they are low again as in September the golden share ceases to exist so mean shareholders can say yes even if Matt says no to any takeover.

2 Likes

Here is an article about THG on Sky News.

3 Likes

Yes but the problem with that idea is even if he no longer has the golden share he is still the major shareholder by far so will still be able to block a takeover. I think it’ll be a management takeover. I think he’s rejecting these offers so that he knows how low he can go with something acceptable and won’t be outbid.

At the last tally I think you will find he only controls something like 15.6% if i remember correctly.

So it doesn’t give him enough power and your forgetting if it was a management takeover he wouldn’t be allowed a vote because he would be part of the offerer for the business.

Not a chance in hell. The offer is unlikely to be much higher than 110. Matt won’t accept it. I think this is going to play out in the long term as a management buyout at around 140 mark. I don’t have any share just now I missed it this time at a decent low price but I’d sell on the next rise as it will fall very fast when the deal falls through. I’ll probably buy some at the next low. Maybe around 55p or something like that. Could go lower but it’ll definitely come back up again soon. It’ll fall fast when this deal falls through.

Well if its that low it wont get accepted as last year there was a £1.70 offer which Matt and the larger shareholders all agreed undervalued the business so Apollo would have to beat that for Matt and largest shareholders to consider it.

And no way they would agree too low as one of the brokers said that if the companies was sold off in parts it would be worth around £2.20 a share.

Interesting news story.

2 Likes