The Scottish Investor - My Freetrade Portfolio YouTube Channel

Good stuff. I think you could do more politics as well :wink:

Weā€™ll have to do a meetup for freetraders in Nicolaā€™s republic of Scotia one day.

1 Like

Aw I definitely donā€™t want to go down that rabbit hole! If I gave my views on the world and my political leanings the algorithm would have me more hidden than my channel already is, if thatā€™s possible :joy:

1 Like

Fun fact: Scotland is named after an Egyptian princess whoā€™s name was put into Old Irish as Scota. It was believed she was the daughter of Akhenaten - Meritaten.

And sheā€™s buried in county Kerry on the west coast of Ireland. Wether or not the Egypt bit is true thatā€™s why itā€™s named Scotland

According to Wikipedia you just made that up :smiley:

No more shooting incidents in the street I hope :wink:

2 Likes

Wikipediaā€¦You didnā€™t venture off the one page no doubt. She gave name to the Scoti tribe thus Scotland. Didnā€™t make anything up mate look for yourself

In Ireland numerous tribes/waves are named after one person. eg. Danann, Milesians

No that wasnā€™t my street Shane, nor my reason for selling thankfully :smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll like it anyway haha

Yeah not really. Yours is a legend according to historians.

ā€œFew historians have taken the story to be anything more than a verbose bit of Middle Ages origin story-spinning, created by a nation who needed to prove that they were of ancient stock.ā€ (Scotsman.com)
Or
ā€œThe Gaels gave Scotland its name from ā€˜Scotiā€™, a racially derogatory term used by the Romans to describe the Gaelic-speaking ā€˜piratesā€™ who raided Britannia in the 3rd and 4th centuries.ā€ (BBC)

It would be a cool origin story, but just reading it is so unbelievable :slight_smile:

In Ireland thatā€™s what itā€™s thought of as the Gaels are from Ireland. Itā€™s too long ago for any historian to be credible on it but thats the consensus here :tipping_hand_man:

Also this is interpration is definitely BC and not 3th/4th and itā€™s probably why it trumps it here as a theory. Just because itā€™s older not that itā€™s verbatim. Ours are only a number of theories as well. Thereā€™s many theories even about root words in other languages etc.

Thatā€™s maybe what the Irish want to believe. You are again ridiculing scientists in favour of hearsay, in this case the entire field of history just because it doesnā€™t fit what you want to believe. This story is so ridiculous it cannot be true. In no way possible. A people makes things like that up to feel superior.

Yours is but a theory as well its not verbatim :rofl: Even your precious wikipedia says so

It feels like you donā€™t understand what a theory is. But we went well off topic, letā€™s stop this here.

After me saying my channel didnā€™t have political beliefs and wasnā€™t a political broadcast :man_shrugging:t3::joy:

3 Likes

Just for you haha

Great video Jamie! Looking forward to the next one and also keen to hear about your journey into the property market!

1 Like

Just started the series tonight, really enjoying it.

As a fellow Scot, every time you say ā€˜Disneyā€™ I hear ā€˜doesnaeā€™ :rofl:

2 Likes

Disney being my biggest holding definitely confuses things, Iā€™ll keep that in mind and try stick to ā€œdoesnā€™tā€ coz Iā€™m definitely not selling Disney :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Iā€™m a big fan of Disney, too. Iā€™m just getting started out, but it will definitely be one of my biggest holdings going forward.

1 Like

Property Special :houses:

2 Likes