UK ENERGY STRATEGY

A shout out to the energy company experts/fans on here:

Leaving aside the merits or otherwise of the new UK energy strategy, which companies do we think are best placed to benefit from it? Which parts of the energy generating process? Invention, exploration, producer, supplier, end user companies like Centrica? Are they going to be the big boys (e.g. Shell), or will there be niche players (like Enquest) who can win contracts and generate increased revenues?

I want to increase the energy side of my investments, so any thoughts greatly appreciated. (I will not take any comments as advice; just looking for start points).

Thanks

9 Likes

Nuclear power seems to be on government’s agenda with the aim of creating 8 new reactors by 2030 powering 25% of the UK. This does seem ambitious given the red tape and how long its been taking to build Hinkley Point C.

5 Likes

I’m building positions in TRIG, greencoat wind and bluefield solar. Was planning to do this before the Ukraine situation but have more conviction now. I have a dividend strategy for my Freetrade isa so these trusts align with that.

3 Likes

I have something similar going with Nextenergy Solar, Diversified Energy Company and Foresight Solar.

2 Likes

There’s virtually no chance whatsoever that this deadline will be hit.

1 Like

UK Energy Strategy - Privatise it so that governments in other countries can own/run it and reap all the profits.

Can I have my PhD now please?

3 Likes

You missed one thing; govt ministers to of course have roles as advisors to the foreign companies/govts., and to become shareholders via some dodgy Caribbean island shell company. Sorted.

2 Likes

Sprott Uranium Miners URNM to list on LSE next week

1 Like