Update on US stocks

Is this still scheduled for January, or have you hit snags that mean it might come later?

Are you considering testing with a few users first or are you planning rolling it out to everyone at once?

Yes :slight_smile:

Yes - they’ll be hearing from us within the next couple of days :eyes:

13 Likes

6 Likes

It looks like we have enough testers right now but I’ll post here if we end up wanting more..

Have I missed something about testers ? :man_shrugging:

No you haven’t :slight_smile: we’re testing with a group of users that we’ve selected for this one.

Oh to be part of that special club :confused:

1 Like

You’re part of one very special club :wink: but there’s others too..

2 Likes

:eyes:

16 Likes

3 Likes

Woo. I’m really excited for this!

1 Like

An Apple :green_apple: a day keeps the doctor away !

2 Likes

At £121 a day I’d rather see the doctor!

4 Likes

I haven’t looked to be honest and so I have no idea - but I do know that £121 a day is a lot of money (irrespective of value)

Hi, just a couple of questions on US stocks and how it will work:
1: Will it still be £1 for a live trade and zero for end of day trades? If so, when is end of day for US stocks?
2: When I look at the “coming soon” stocks I can see, for example, Berkshire Hathaway shares at $198 or thereabouts but when I look at their share price on line it’s close to $300K. What am I missing here? Is this the representation of a fractional share or something else.
3: Also, looking to buy US stocks. Any thoughts and what is your thesis?

There are Berkshire Hathaway A shares and B shares

It’s the B shares which are coming to Freetrade

3 Likes

Yes it will, & your pounds will be converted to US dollars at the spot price + 0.45%. The market closes at 9pm.

2 Likes

Thanks, just read up on the difference and I understand now. With the introduction of fractional shares would Freetrade offer you a slide of an A or a slice of a B? Would there be a benefit to them doing this to A’s instead?

I don’t think freetrade have a spare $300k lying around so will most likely be B

1 Like

Freetrade already sell Hathaway B shares … in an indirect way :wink:

1 Like