Updates on the Android app

These updates and tests are flooding! Imagine what the pace will be like once they have an even bigger engineering team :scream:

11 Likes

Volunteering for testing Android :wink: Had my invite weeks ago from being top 1000 in the queue, and watching iphone friends tap away is inspiring such jealousy in me!

Hopefully ISAs are available about the same time, and all before the tax year ends!

4 Likes

User #64 reporting for Android testing! :wink:

:soon:

3 Likes

Have you picked what youā€™re going for yet?

1 Like

Canā€™t wait to be testing this!

1 Like

Pixel 3 XL. Itā€™s expensive, but worth it I hope. I already have it in fact, just have to set it up. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yet another sneak peak :smile:

10 Likes

OK so Iā€™ve lived with a busted-ass One Plus 3 for over a year now, I finally gave in last week when the camera stopped being able to focus. I got an Honor 9 Lite in the Black Friday sales which when all was said and done was under Ā£100 and it is amazing!! NFC (Google Pay) , finger print scanner, facial unlock, octo-core 3GB RAM, 1080+ screenā€¦ Surely someoneā€™s losing money on that?

1 Like

Any hints of a date or month that we may be expecting it to be finished?

I understand timelines can change

Itā€™ll definitely be ready by April, in time for the new tax year. But hopefully sooner! Weā€™ll let you know here as soon as we have a more specific timeframe.

14 Likes

Hi Alex will the ISA and SIPP be part of android app when it is done? I plan on selling some of my funds on HL and putting them into free trade for individual shares. Would like to transfer part of SIPP too

2 Likes

ISA will be part of Android from day one or very soon after I expect - itā€™s already available on iOS. SIPP wonā€™t be here for a while yet Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m potentially interested in transferring a SIPP as well, however it is not on their roadmap for this year. You can see their plans for 2019 here:

One silver lining to that is itā€™s probably good practice anyway to spread your savings accounts around, just in case of problems with one provider, so may be just as well if you have your ISA with freetrade and a SIPP somewhere else for now. Iā€™d like to see freetrade on a sustainable financial trajectory (i.e. see them become profitable) before I transfer my SIPP over anyway, and that might take a year or two. They are not on the near term roadmap, but I Adam the CEO has said he wants one too.

You can vote for a SIPP here.

3 Likes

Agreed. Iā€™ve invested in free trade and I hope to transfer some isa but agreed its a new platform and it probably wouldnā€™t be sensible to empty life savings and retirement to a new platform! I assume freetrade is covered by the normal financial protections?

2 Likes

Yes, Freetrade has an FSCS protection.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s perfect. Was my only concern although if I didnā€™t have full confidence I wouldnā€™t be here. I think my plan is to sell funds and then buy the shares on freetrade and do my own trackers! Canā€™t wait!

2 Likes

One of my referrals now has access on their iphone and has shown me the app - I soooooo canā€™t wait for it to be on Android! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Weā€™ve just revealed that -

Weā€™re targeting late March to begin our beta.

& added the Android app to our open roadmap as ā€˜work in progressā€™ :eyes:

6 Likes

A preview of the Discover tab & placing orders on the Android app :eyes: :point_down:

The Discover tab & orders on the Android app

12 Likes

Woooooooooo! Thatā€™s hot :poop:!

3 Likes

Now Iā€™m in excited, looking forward to ditching the old 5s I rescued from the drawer of junk!

3 Likes