US market prices not updating since market open?

Hi all

is it just me or has the app not updated prices since US market open at 14:30 BST? Anyone know whats going on?

Many thanks

1 Like

Me too. I thought my shares hadn’t gone down very much for once! :smile::sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m having the same trouble - really concerning!

Anyone else having this issue today? Not expecting much help from the team as its platty jubes…

1 Like

Yeah me too!! :grimacing:

Hello!

I opened the app this afternoon to reinvest the cash I have on there, but the prices of US stocks (and probably those of other markets, but they’re mostly closed currently) wasn’t updating.

So I Googled the price of the stock I was looking at going for and went back on the freetrade app to put through the transaction. In doing so, a notification popped up at the bottom saying the prices on my device hadn’t been updated since 00:59 this morning - I went ahead with it nonetheless since I knew the latest price.

Bear in mind I have a perfectly good internet connection & the device (Pixel 6 Pro) seems to be just as normal. I cleared the cache & storage used by the app, forced stop, uninstalled and reinstalled it, restarted the device - still no different.

The app now reports inaccurate information about my profits/losses since the prices are still not up to date. Has my transaction even gone through?? Is this a freetrade server problem?Please help!

Kind regards,
George

just got an in app notification - the engineering team are working on it.

ngl - using google/trading view for now for price info

trade safe ~

1 Like

Chillax George it will have gone through at the “updated” price and the profit/loss showing now (based on last night’s closing) will correct itself.

I had the same thing. Bit annoying!

2 Likes

Glad you got the app notification.

We’re aware of the issue impacting live pricing for the US market.

Our engineering team are working to fix this as a priority.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

If I get any further update, I’ll let you know.

4 Likes

Been informed the issue has been resolved. Sorry again for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

This happens quite a bit - not all stocks though it seems that today. With no complaint, can I ask what the actual issue is? What is it that generally runs normally but cocks up here and there?

The buy/sell buttons are faded in the app today and I can’t use them, not great for an online broker.

Hi @Lee76 which stock is the issue? Mine looks fine.

Most of mine have been like this on and off today, seems to go away if I go in and out of it a few times but not ideal

Had exactly the same thing for Tesla, IONQ.

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.