Vanguard ESG Global All Cap UCITS ETF (Dist) - V3AM

It makes me wonder if on other UK stocks Freetrade receives kickbacks for selling order flow, just like robin hood in the US made money. And for this vanguard etc they do not get that, since units created at inception are enough to cover it. And most people who buy into this new fund are buy&hold investors.

Does it? Wonder away. Youā€™re a R3 investor so if youā€™d paid even the slightest bit of attention to the pitch deck (In a company you part own) and forum youā€™d know itā€™s been illegal to do so since 2012.

6 Likes

Iā€™d love to see this one on Freetrade, any updates?

Can you please provide more references with respect to this from regulators?

In US SEC requires to publish payments for order flow, and all brokers do that and yes all of large ones have received those in the millions.

In the UK FCA issued a letter in 2017, but I donā€™t see any more detailed guidelines.

https://www.aima.org/article/fca-dear-ceo-letter-on-payment-for-order-flow.html

It seems to me that despite the rules against PFOF, they still exist.

Or inversely lack of PFOF makes it less interesting to offer more instruments on the broker platform. if the benefit to offer this ETF is less than costs to add it to the platform, it is unlikely that Freetrade will offer this.

Iā€™m always baffled that people choose not to use google for 10 seconds but write lengthy manifests insteadā€¦

5 Likes

Banned in 2012 clarified in 2018 with the introduction of MiFID II.

There is a whole thread Here

I have no appetite to break community guidance and get involved in a childish argument from behind an iphone with you @xnox

Chalk this up as an L, I hope have a great day.

2 Likes

hey Out of topic question, how to get R5 badge? :smiley: is it given to crowdfunding investor?

Yes if you participate in a crowd funding round you get the badge. I was a bit late to the party and very jealous of the founding member badges!

I participated in the crowdfunding last year. but donā€™t see it :confused:

1 Like

Looks like it is still on someoneā€™s To do list

CFA Institute is not the regulator, nor law / directives. The research paper is interesting, but predates FCA letter in which they clarify their position. So although 90% retail of trades were found to be executed at best prices in said paper, it is odd that it is not 100%.

I am still confused. If it was banned in 2012, why was there need to clarify it again later in 2018.

MiFID II does not ban it, but requires disclosure and agreement.

Also confused how MiFID II applies for trading non-eu instruments through a partner on non-eu venues.

Iā€™ll try to go and find the 2012 FSA (now FCA) wording, with any subsequent amendments.

Also will go to re read the Freetrade agreements.

Itā€™s been several weeks, when are we gonna get this item? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Never :joy::joy:

It would be nice to start buying this in my Freetrade ISA :pray:t3:

1 Like

Hope the Freetrade Gurus have this on their radar :dart::blush:

:rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket::rocket:

1 Like

Still not added during the recent update isnā€™t it?

1 Like

have you guys filled in the stock request form? I filled in once last week and just now again and still nothing. Not even some explanation.