Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Hype building for tomorrow

4 Likes

Oh yeesssss!

2 Likes

Big day that will hopefully increase the SP% in the morning and I thought this may help seeing as Elon seems to be able to affect values of things :joy: :+1:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/elon-musk-buys-ticket-on-sir-richard-branson-s-space-flight-report/ar-AAM105t?ocid=msedgntp

3 Likes

Problem is, are we going to get a ā€œsell the newsā€ scenario, no matter if the flight is a success or not.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I am struggling to work out. It will go high and no doubt dip a bit at minimum but I still see it going higher in next year so I am sticking irrelevant. :+1:

Itā€™s weirdā€¦ it seems like it was only 5 minutes ago that Branson was demanding taxpayer money be diverted from government services to saving Virgin Atlantic and now heā€™s going to be the first billionaire in space.

Meanwhile Blue Origin canā€™t make their mind up whether to throw shade or appear supportiveā€¦

As much as I dislike Bezos, I also dislike Branson. That said itā€™s hard to disagree with the graphic. I was shocked to learn that Virgin Galacticā€™s rocket plane is manually flownā€¦ by a pilotā€¦ with the controls attached by cables (not wires) to the control surfacesā€¦ like a Sopwith Camel.

Anyway, despite appearances Iā€™m not here to do cow pats all over the project and Iā€™ll be watching at 2pm BST!

4 Likes

By the way the Elon bought that ticket a LONG time ago - it looks like it was before he had his hair transplant and hit the gym. Iā€™m not sure Tesla/SpaceX shareholders would let him go on it now!

Video: https://twitter.com/TJ_Cooney/status/1413832065590743044?s=20

Same thing here, so in the end I sold Friday for something like +35% but I will be watching it first thing on Monday to scalp if it moves. Then when it drops back down I will be buying for a long hold, this is the future!

Also look beyond the space aspect of this venture, it is progressing the future of supersonic air travel which too has massive potential for the aviation industry.

Seems he is still interested :+1: see bottom of article.

This just seems bitter from Blue Origin TBH. NASA recognise the lower height and in reality is it not just when weightlessness begins? And letā€™s be honest who cares :joy: Most will watch with that small doubt in their minds that something may go wrong and that makes it essential viewing :+1:

I am keeping a very close eye on Boom Supersonic for that. Already secured orders with United and supposedly offering flights from 2029. https://boomsupersonic.com/ - not public yet but will wait and see!

Very much looking forward to this afternoon though!

2 Likes

Getting hyped now but do genuinely think my daughter (almost 3) will get a chance to go to space in her lifetime as it will become much more affordable - at the very least flying between continents at supersonic speeds

3 Likes

Weightlessness isnā€™t really related to altitude like that, even at their highest these suborbital flights are still experiencing ~95% of earthā€™s gravity.

The weightlessness is because there is 4 minutes of deceleration where the spacecraft follows a parabola falling under gravity exactly the same as the occupants inside.

Even regular aircraft can do this, but just not for as long.

3 Likes

Well said! There is no real weightlessness even in space. Something Iā€™ve learned much too late and not many people actually know.
Even the ISS still has 90% of earths gravity - the weightlessness comes from speed. It and the astronauts in it are essentially falling around the earth constantly which creates weightlessness.

Looks like the flight has been delayed, the YouTube link says 15:30 BST

1 Like

Yeah just read the weather overnight was bad and has delayed prep but they are still trying for today :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Already bought my UAL for a long hold once theyā€™d put their order in with Boom.

1 Like

God the feed is painfully boring and makes me not want to watch :joy: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Wouldnā€™t be surprised if the share price went down because of it tomorrow :joy: are we gonna see anything or what? :woman_facepalming:t2:

1 Like