Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

I wanted just to touch a little on this price rise if I may, those who have read about will know I’m no fan of SPCE. So while I shouldn’t spend my time breaking down meme stocks for made up internet points from strangers, I cannot sit by and without someone putting information into a the hands of potential investors / bag holders.

TLDR - The model is broken and they will never make money.

If you read their SPAC merger documents there are a few things that stand out in light of this new ticket price.

• VG state that ‘research’ shows that people will spend 1%-1.5% on a single discretionary purchase, leaving the quality of such research aside, this means they’re new target customer must a net worth of $45m. Over 70% of their current reservations have come from people with a net worth of less than $20m. With the new ticket price they’ve shrunk their TAM (total addressable market) a metric they refer to on multiple occasions at the very time they’re meant to be ramping up their volume. They swap between $10m & $20m quite a lot when it quite them, in short they’re looking for rich white dudes.

• According to their own calculations, below, at $250k a ticket they were already set to make 66% margin. A price rise suggests these calculations are very wrong indeed and the reported efficiencies simply haven’t been found. Will they find them, who knows but a price rise suggests this is unlikely.

• They have just opened up to take more reservations however only 14% paid the old sticker price of $250k with 11% paying less than $199k. If I had an old reservation I’d be flipping it for a tidy profit.

• By the end of 2021 they should have flown 712 people with a goal to have made $12m (EBITA). So far they’ve flown 0 paying passengers and are likely to rise a further $500m in a stock offering. Profitability will likely be pushed back to at least 2024.

I have more but don’t want to stretch everyone’s attention span any longer.

5 Likes

@NeilB, thank you for sharing the insight into this.

1 Like

I sense you are coming around to investing in this stock.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I have more charts if want to see them … wait, come back … they’re really interesting …

5 Likes

Oof.

Looks like I am a step closer to that bottle of Virgin Cola :joy:

2 Likes

“I take no pleasure in this”- everyone who drank virgin cola.

2 Likes

PT update $33 and a buy rating

Those 250,000 people might want to check the refunds policy. I still can’t believe the luncacy of a rocket powered plane being controlled by 1) Fly by wire and 2) An ape in pants wiggling a stick in reaction to what’s going on at that speed/altitude.

They’re aiming for 100 flights and it feels like it’s only a matter of time until there’s another crash with this set up.

1 Like

Konrad surveyed 223 people with net worths greater than $1 million

They spoke to a small group of people and extrapolated to 250,000. You don’t need a degree in statistics to know this is a flawed survey with a small sample size.

His “attractive outlook is boosted by supply ramping with additional spaceships driving capacity to 660 flights/year by 2030 up from capacity of roughly 36 [a year] today,” wrote the analyst in a Tuesday report.

Capacity for 36 this year? Sounds like my wallet, it has the capacity for 100 £50 notes, shame it only had 1 in it!

1 Like

That’s one more than me :laughing:

1 Like

Just waiting for the crowdfunding round. I’m going to buy 2 FT shares with it! :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah don’t no why they surveyed people with a net worth greater than 1 million.They will need at least 10 million to even think off spending $450,000 going to space.

This share price as definitely going be very volatile for the next few years I see it dropping back below $15 over the next 6 months.

3 Likes

Also, people saying “Yeah I’ll go to space for $450k” is very different to them going and writing that cheque :joy: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

A million just ain’t gunna cut it these days… its just not that much anymore

2 Likes
1 Like

“At no time did the ship travel above any population centers or cause a hazard to the public”

Oh that’s good then, you only nearly killed your highly trained pilots and wealthy passengers.

Next flight information hoping for September launch.

Not if the FAA have anything to do with it.

1 Like

True but surely they have checked with the FAA before they go announcing there next flight that it could take place.