Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Not sure to be honest, I’ve been wondering this for a while myself with a growing list of options.

Can anyone confirm if it’s on the new platform?

1 Like

No sign of it yet.

We’re on it, no worries. We’ll drop a quick update on the rollout of the new US stocks shortly.

1 Like

I am wondering if it is going to be today!
Please update

I think updates are good but giving updates that leaves us in a false sense of expectations is frustrating.

I.e. did we really need to know our account has been upgraded last weekend with no real benefit?

Better to say USA shares will be rolled out by end of the month rather than “shortly”

1 Like

I think this is the groundwork for more stocks. Once everyone is across (and not everyone is, I’m not) then I imagine it will be a much more straightforward process.

1 Like

When was the last stock added? Has there been any in 2020?

Last stock added was from the UK trench in December iirc.

As explained above. Freetrade are moving everyone over to the new backend system before recommencing stock additions. There’s not much we can do at the moment, we’ll just have to be patient!

2 Likes

Yes I’m aware.

Lots of “soon” though with no customer-facing changes. It feels very much over promise and under delivered right now. I think Freetrade ought to just tell us nothing is happening in the short term. Which is fine.

The new platform is the base in which new features will be built. By bringing the tech in house Freetrade no longer rely on a third party for this and thus are not constrained by their timelines.

It’s a short term pain for long term gain sort of scenario.

1 Like

Yes I’ve seen the PR too. But to a customer it’s meaningless. Backend changes generally aren’t things to shout about. For example Monzo brought faster payments in house last year. It didn’t come with weeks of teasing about it. Just a simple informative blog post after the fact.

Alas, this is off topic from Virgin Galactic.

Soon this…Soon that…
Freetrade, just give us a date! Am I keeping cash available to buy because it’ll be next week or am I ok to wait until next payday?

5 Likes

Their share prices don’t look too bad to be honest, I kinda expected them to up there in the same realm as Amazon and co?

What do you mean by that?
The nominal value of a share?

I’m up 33 % with them so far :grin:

Just meant, in comparison to the likes of Amazon overall, their value when looked up is not (excuse the pun) astronomical? I expected a space tourism company to be higher. That’s not to say it will change rapidly once they finally do get going.

I’m up 68% with them at present :grin: :smile:

It’s at the top of the list for the next 250 stocks to be added, Hopefully won’t have to wait to much longer!

2 Likes