We are closing the round (and re-opening in June)

Great, thanks for answering Adam!

Having invested in the second round what seems like a lifetime ago, its crazy how quickly the momentum has built in the last 12 months! Great leadership shown over the last couple of days in particular, in what have been unexpected circumstances!

Out of interest, how many minutes did it take to raise the Ā£1.978m?!

7 Likes

I was on from 11:40 constantly refreshing pages and getting most of the way through, but failed.
Iā€™m a customer but a new investor. Iā€™ve registered my interest on the CC pitch page for shares at the same price from those who are sellingā€¦ but if I miss out and have to pay a higher price per share Iā€™ll be mightily pissed off :rage:

1 Like

I dont think they can accurately tell. It crashed from the outset and people were continually trying to get it to work for an hour. If it had worked I would suggest a few mins max.

True, it was absolute chaos! Iā€™m guessing that the vast majority of the 20k+ active users tried to invest at the same time. Akin to queuing for Glasto tickets, with the inherent risk that not everyone will be successful :tired_face:

For next round, I would suggest cap per person to be much smaller 2k/5k
This will give more people opportunity to invest.

Also giving community 24 hour time & sending private link.

5 Likes

They couldnā€™t approve because the Crowdcube website was crashing :joy:

They sent an email to existing investors - what more do you want?

4 Likes

Oh man that sucks. Really wanted to buy some shares.

Disappointed that I didnā€™t get the opportunity to invest this time round. Tried going to the Crowdcube link in the email but just kept getting a 502 bad gateway error.

When the window opens in June, presumably itā€™ll cost more per share that it would have done had Crowdcube not screwed up yesterday. Doesnā€™t seem very fair :frowning:

You can sure try but I donā€™t think itā€™ll have your desired effect.

Uneven and random how? The site crashed but they reached the target of Ā£1 million so thereā€™s no reason not to close it now if they donā€™t have confidence itā€™ll be fixed quickly. The June date allows for a lot more EIS to be available

Thereā€™s the option of the private sale. Unless you really want the EIS

2 Likes

You better complain to them about crowdcube then. FT didnā€™t hold the raise. They went to crowdcube and they messed up and is what FT paid them to do - raise money for them. If anything FT might have a contract breach against Crowdcube. Like festival tickets, you win some you lose some.

I am an interested buyer, please DM me if you want to sell.

Iā€™m really sorry this happened. Youā€™ve registered your interest on CC, weā€™ll sort you out. :raised_hands:

6 Likes

:joy: you seem to have missed the context of this thread

1 Like

I expressed my interest on the pitch page, but not sure if this is guaranteed to be responded to, I was also on the page and the app, but couldnā€™t invest!

So much interest in FT. Great validation of all the hard work from the team. :boom:

7 Likes

Theyā€™ll pick it up there, any request here would get drowned out by everything else :+1:

2 Likes

Same problem here. Interest now registered on CC. Hope to be able to be involved still :relieved:

2 Likes