What are you doing before election?

Because I only invest in US stocks.

The majority of holdings I have are in US$ too. So if craziness happens, I will still be in the money.

On my way home early from a Christmas party right now so I can vote and then anxiously wait for the exit poll.

Already got fucked on my spread bet because GBPUSD fell to 1.308 triggering my stop loss. I thought I set it so low that it would only hit in the event of a hung parliament, not before it!

Although your dollar portfolio will be stable you may want to be rich in UK.

Some of your English is difficult to understand. If you’re happy with £1270/m and sunshine then enjoy, there’s much worse options out there. I guess most people here aren’t sole traders though so .pt isn’t as attractive. Working full time they can use ISA/pension for free gains

It’s not about being happy as much as the cost of living is much cheaper. I’ll be stacking assets in a big way.

I’m not a sole trader. And there’s no ISA in Ireland. What parts difficult to understand?

1 Like

Freetrade launched in Ireland? :eyes:
Cost of living will depend on where you’re from and lifestyle so maybe. I was in Dublin last week and it’s expensive af but then it’s expensive vs most of the UK too

No its not here yet.

Ye that’s my point :joy:

I’m up over £1.5k on my GBPUSD bet. Would have been 2-3 times that had the earlier dip not wrecked my position. But because the majority of my holdings are in USD, my total wealth might be down.

3 Likes

congrats! What platform are you using out of curiosity?

CMC. I have no idea if their spreads are tighter than others. Haven’t done any research on platforms. I use it so rarely, I don’t even look at it unless an election is on.

1 Like

What a morning across the board for UK domestic stocks!

5-10% up for banks, utilities and house-builders.

1 Like

I hold mainly US stocks and I’m hoping for a big pop across the board today. Great result from a stock owners perspective

Edit: The sole European stock I own atm is Porsche up 2.35% hopefully indicative of what’s in store today

Can confirm today’s jump!

6 Likes

When did you buy into L&g? Them and aviva are high on my list. I own Lloyd’s but it’s the US variant

I also hold L&G, have been adding to my position the last 3 months, am still due to add to my position one final time in January. My thesis is that pension auto-enrolment law is and will be a massive cash cow. Also wanted more exposure to the UK since my holdings are mostly US.

1 Like

Ye L&G are great. Might just take the plunge on degiro but I was trying to wait until FT lauched here. I’m the same the UK is very undervalued and I want the exposure too

I bought in at £2.43 ish early September. I bought Lloyds at between 58p and 60p recently too.

1 Like

I’m sad you guys didn’t vote in the rightful leader

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3UTOXcWkAAY7ec.jpg

2 Likes

For me, TW. is now up over 30% from the point I invested, making it by far my largest gain. It’s just a shame I didn’t also put my largest amount of pounds in to it :sweat_smile: Did rather take me by surprise, but; of all the areas I expected to see a bounce, housebuilding wasn’t one of them.

4 Likes

Huge gains today from TW! And I saw Barrett aren’t far behind