What’s happened to the forum?

Some part of it is summer holidays but also agree that @NeilB used to be the life and soul of the forum and everyone who experienced his input I am sure misses it.

I know people whose mortgage payments have doubled and so have gone from comfortably well off with plenty of free time, to working every hour God sends to make ends meet. I am certain that this will have an impact on the forum too - and peoples’ capacity to invest.

Like others, I tend to lurk a fair bit. I’ve still got plenty to read and learn on here without adding to the noise.

13 Likes

I tend to drop in every few weeks, as and when I have time.
I agree the forum used to be a lively place but I think that relates to both the market activity and the company fundraising activity.
Now that the latest crowdfunding round has completed, maybe people will start to re-engage.
Anyway, I find this community a great source of wisdom and it is a pleasant place to drop in and out of.
However, as there is always so much to do on the ‘net and offline, I don’t see a quiet forum as being a bad thing. Sometimes it can just be refreshing to have some little discussion now and again - like this one!
Happy Investing :grinning:

5 Likes

I assume this was meant sarcastically.

Like a lump of clay, you can sculpt a ming vase or prod a beginner’s class bowl.

8 Likes

Didn’t mean to touch a nerve there, @NeilB.

Anyway:

4 Likes

Can I join in? :smiley:

4 Likes

Why is the cow always envolved haha

2 Likes

I don’t even know where that section is lol

Found it found it yay, now we can all post our stats and interact again :smiley:

6 Likes

Ok, maybe I spend too much time on here as it is! :laughing:

6 Likes

Oh I used to post loads - bear market didn’t help. But yeah having games & fun with @NeilB et al was a reason to be here … now it’s a bit miserable.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Im 25% up on my total captial I started drip feeding monthly since February.

So I cannot relate, I’m quite chuffed :rofl:

5 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

GME and AMC chillin till it pops.

1 Like

The irony :joy:

1 Like

GME up 32.97% YTD :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:
AMC up 25.19% YTD :rocket: :rocket: :rocket:

BBBY now BBBYQ :poop:

2 Likes

I invest in US companies (mainly Nasdaq) and in the forum there is very little discussion about US companies performance, also for the big names like AMZN and META

1 Like

Maybe less people using this app, I have stopped paying for the extra features really not worth it. Too much lag , too many excuses I’m using IG better app allround.

Does IG not have a community forum?

1 Like

I use IG but not for investing.

I make lots of sub £100 deposits for investing with Freetrade, so this would be a killer.

3 Likes