What's the first stock / ETF you'll buy when the app launches?

Glad to help!

As it stands, multi-currency accounts will not be available as of day one. But @Viktor promised to release the roadmap soon after launch and hopefully, it will answer your question.

3 Likes

I personally see myself starting with investing in some index funds as with those the earlier you start the game the better, normally. After that I may look into some stocks.

When it comes to Brexit and the index funds I think the main response from the markets has happened already. Now, it all depends on what the deal would be, as a no deal may get a very interesting response from the markets.

4 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Dividend earning ETFs

Some time after launch, depending on a few factors e.g. what feedback we receive from you during the onboarding. :wink:

3 Likes

I wonder if anyone will buy STJ St James Place, a wealth manager now infamous for having high fees? (and somewhat the opposite of Freetrade, philosophically)

You’re right, some of the 0.5% is revenue. However that quote is taken from a thread where I was trying to explain that we do not add 0.5% to the FX rate, as we do not get the interbank rate ourselves.

Re @saf ‘s questions, none of it represents a hedge though - due to the way we do the conversion we’re not particularly exposed to FX fluctuations.

5 Likes

No problem, one of the downsides of such an active community is it’s very hard to read everything on here!

5 Likes