Zoom AMA #8: Product update and AMA with VP Product, Duncan Leslie. Thu 11th June, 8 PM

Hey Ben, the new Building Freetrade page isnā€™t intended to be an exhaustive list of everything on our horizon.

But rather, a list of what weā€™ve shipped/are working on/exploring right now.

An API is definitely something on our agenda, so it may well enter the ā€˜Up next: things weā€™re exploringā€™ section at some point in the near future!

1 Like

Ok, just a shame to see it bumped down the priority list. As open banking moves to open finance it would give you guys the chance to get in the lead on this front

2 Likes

Any timeline for auto dividend reinvestment?

2 Likes

There is some things on the roadmap that is listed separate to the Freetrade Plus, such as More Order Types. Does this mean it is going to be a ā€œavailable to allā€ feature, rather than a Freetrade Plus exclusive?

1 Like

When can we get something like M1 Financeā€™s Pie feature in Freetrade?

M1 Finance Pies

I recall Adam mentioning AutoPilot last year for Freetrade. Is that functionally the same as this or [Feature Request šŸ”§] Auto Investment šŸ¤– šŸ“ˆ ?

3 Likes

Less of a question and more of a suggestion/thinking out loud (unless you want to answer it!), but I wonder if there are any plans to give all current user accounts ~3 months of free access to Freetrade Plus?

I imagine there are going to be a small but vocal group ā€˜displeased peopleā€™ of when Freetrade Plus launches and they discover that a lot of features are going to be for paying members/customers only. It seems like a good/cheap way to keep some goodwill.

That said, I think that Freetrade ā€˜Regularā€™ will be still be a great product and a lot more generous than I would make it if I was in charge! Iā€™d put everything into Freetrade Plus and make ā€˜Freetrade regularā€™ purely FTSE100, green energy/environmental ETFs and a few select US shares.

1 Like

Hey guys I wanted to ask when will you put the Graham Holdings Company (formerly The Washington Post Company ) on Freetrade

Itā€™s definitely one many of us will want in Freetrade thanks

Are limit orders planned (with good till cancelled) ? And if so, is it closer to 3 months or 6 months time frame?

1 Like

Have the zoom details been shared yet? I canā€™t see them.

Hey Isla, weā€™ll share the link on this thread just before 8 PM.

See you there!

1 Like

When can we expect the addition of European and Japanese stocks?

1 Like

For me, the impression of FT is that they are striving to drive business by making investing accessible to everyone. Although not that complex, stop loss orders etc seem like a next level that would be at odds with an accessible to everyone ethos.

My 2 cents.

1 Like

Oh :frowning: Where is the link?

1 Like

Standard functionality at other brokers and Freetrade will need to offer this if it wants to attract customers - and not behind a paywall

4 Likes

What proportion of the additional share universe will be US? And how much of a focus will the US be moving forward? (given Robinhoodā€™s entrance is [somewhat] looming)

Has it started?

Started? You are late am afraid! Itā€™s finished now.

1 Like

Anything to share for those on the call?

1 Like

From memory:

• ETFs and more stocks coming. They plan to add lots of European stocks by the time they launch in Europe;
  • Multi currency accounts are not currently on the agenda;
  • Funds are not a priority;
  • When FT launches in Europe, their accounts will be in their home currency;
  • They have just started looking at SIPPs - perhaps in Q3. Then perhaps other types of ISA;
  • improvements coming to paying money into accounts;
  • ISAs will be included in the price of Plus;
  • The stock universe for Plus will be bigger than for basic but they wonā€™t be limiting it by market - probably by specific shares - but anything available now will remain in Basic;
  • They want to have a website platform - itā€™s not a priority - but will be needed to attract a wider spread of customers;
  • they know they need to provide more company information and are looking at options but want to avoid information overload;
  • they are planning on introducing new order types;
  • Freetrade Plus will evolve gradually over many iterations, as well as things like Autopilot;

Oh and Monzo Plus didnā€™t work as it was too complicated and Monzo didnā€™t realise all most of itā€™s customers wanted was just a metal card.

25 Likes