No new stocks added today ?
They’ll arrive on Monday due to our company offsite this week. Five new companies, we’ll be heavy on mining and oil & gas exploration.
Are there new UK stocks added every Friday? What is the time line to get the whole of the FTSE100 / FTSE250 listed?
Since Coca-Cola HBC was added a few weeks ago it looks like the only FTSE 100 missing are the handful of companies requiring a nationality declaration (IAG, TUI, BAE, Rolls Royce etc.).
There’ll be another reshuffle soon, and it looks like EasyJet and Just Eat will be returning to the FTSE 100. The latter is already on Freetrade.
Oh ok. I’m more about the mid cap. So FTSE 250
A new month, a new week and five new stocks to kick it all off.
Eland oil and gas community request - oil and gas exploration in West Africa.
Versarien - this firm develops materials such as graphene for various industries.
Greatland Gold - gold mining in Australia.
Sound Energy - oil and gas exploration in Italy and Morocco.
Pan African Resources - mid-tier gold producer based in South Africa.
I’ll pop some on Pan African and Eland. Give the others a big wide miss.
A little delayed I’m afraid, but here are this week’s new stocks (added to your app late on Friday).
- EVR Holdings - EVRH - community request - VR music platform Here’s an interesting piece on Melody VR, owned by EVR Holdings, in City A.M. recently.
- Staffline Group - STAF - the UK’s biggest recruitment company
- Mercia Group - MERC - Asset management stalwarts
- Jubilee Metals - JLP - Metal recovery from mining waste
- Northgate - NTG - Car rental and reseller in the UK and Spain
Any thoughts on these new additions?
P.S. there are now over 600 stocks on your app, and we’re excited to be adding thousands early next year!
Music to our ears!
It’s been a few weeks now since we raised a wish for more ETF’s and nothing. Is there more due to hit the app soon ?
We can take a look - which ETFs are you after?
Here are this week’s new additions, including four community requests
- Hollywood Bowl Group plc - BOWL - community request - Ten-pin bowling!
- Circassia Pharmaceuticals plc - CIR - community request - Global pharmaceuticals firm
- Eurasia Mining plc - EUA - - community request - Platinum and gold mining
- Bacanora Lithium plc - BCN - - community request - Identifying and investing in lithium assets
- Reabold Resources plc - RBD - oil and gas projects with customers across the UK
Let us know what you think of these new stocks - and please suggest any others below you’d like to see on your app!
There have been many ETF’s requested with many votes - an example
This one would be great
Viktor can we have this added ?
Who is asking for stuff like Sound Energy and Reabold? Why are microcap mining stocks taking precedence over significantly larger and recognisable UK names?
realty income seems to have been sitting in the top 10 for a few weeks now -
Is there any specific (techy) reason it has not been added to the Freetrade universe?
This comment needs pinned, to the top of the post I literally asked this question yestarday
The kind of stocks I like to avoid. I’m more interested in renewables and sustainable investments.
Here is the last batch of new additions before 2020.
- Marston’s Community request - $MARS - British brewery and pub chain with a range of breweries and brands
- AEW UK Reit - $AEWU - a retail investment trust focused on long lease properties such as hotels and student accommodation
- Vectura Group Ltd - $VEC - British pharmaceutical company specialising in the production of inhalers
- AB Dynamics Community request - $ABDP - Supplier of testing equipment for the self-driving car industry
- UK Oil & Gas Plc Community request - UKOG - Oil and gas exploration company
Let us know what you think about these new additions - and keep on requesting new stocks. We’ll take a fresh look at all the requests and try to add as many of them as we can as soon as we can starting in January.
In the meantime, Merry Christmas
App typo - AB Dyanmics is described as “Automotice Tech”
So you ask the community what ETF’s we would like added. We reply and tag admin in only to get nothing further on it ?
Is there any particular reason why week after week these requests fall on deaf ears. Just saying. An explanation is probably all that’s needed. I’m sure I speak for others in here too.
Merry Christmas to all the FT team and FT investors