Alkemy Capital Investments - ALK - Share Chat

Much appreciated on the clarification. And that is quite a gigamap

1 Like

There’s a couple broker research notes with some in depth info in, but these are a little outdated now- from mid last year. A lot happened since, I’m expecting a new note as they’ve changed corporate broker today.

1 Like
1 Like

If you like your lithium, then it’s one to research while down at the fund raise price. Ridiculously cheap if they pull it off. Risky yes, early stage yes, but directors putting in 430k of their own money suggests they’re confident

1 Like

Https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66237935

The government is providing subsidies worth hundreds of millions of pounds, sources said.

Some in the car industry have described the plant as the most important investment in UK automotive since Nissan came to Britain in the 1980s.

All good if it pans out. If the pieces come together then this could be great for companies like ALK and TM1, but when it comes to our government giving handouts to beg companies to set up over here, I’m not going to start counting my chickens just yet.

1 Like

This is very true. Alk won’t get much funding from that application they’re in process of, maybe some automative fund, a mill or so for testing or groundwork. Tees valley lithium will have to go get their own funds. Unlocking feedstock and offtakes opens up those doors. Fingers crossed.

1 Like
1 Like

I will keep banging on about it until people dig into the research. £11m market cap. Yeah, right.

As a half thought. What does the new Jaguar plant anouncement in Somerset do for Alkemy?

1 Like

Probably nothing directly just now - apart from it brings up for discussion the UKs needed supply of battery grade lithium again. And ALK are planning Europes largest refinery in a freeport.

However, ALK did have a supply agreement with BritishVolt before that went tits up, so maybe there’s a synergy here once things progress?

On the move finally! Hopefully we get news on feedstock soon. That’s the key to the whole project. Can’t have a lithium refinery without your lithium feed supply. After that offtakes will be queuing up with EU demand imo

1 Like

Great stuff. Glad they are on track, now all that’s missing is the hundreds of millions of pounds they need in funding to build any of it.

Cornish got a decent funding. Can’t be a bad thing, even if it’s only another feedstock option

Here’s a value disconnect for you.

Green Lithium are raising funds at a £50m valuation on Seedrs crowdfunding.

Well behind ALK in terms of development.

Don’t have a 2nd refinery being planned in Australia like Alkemy (Port Headland)

Oversubscribed valuing it at £50m

Alk is £11m

Market will wake up on news

Been a long time coming. All a bit chicken and egg for me. Secure the feedstock to deal with an offtake to provide the funding to build the plant. But whatever works i guess.