Alphabet - GOOG - Share Chat

Neither FT nor Yahoo (afaik) give real-time pricing, so both will be slightly out-of-date to differing degrees. I suspect Yahoo will be closer to real-time, but I’m not sure TBH as I don’t use it myself.

Real-time pricing costs money. You can get pretty close to real-time here for free though:

Unless you’re looking GOOG on one and GOOGL on the other. They’re not the same stock, they’re different classes of share.

Thanks! Yes I was looking at GOOG :roll_eyes:

What a surprise

3 Likes

Hey everyone

For anyone interested in Alphabet/Google, you may find my latest stock analysis video useful.

In this video I analyse Google’s stock ($GOOG) ($GOOGL) using fundamental analysis.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

I go through Google’s business summary & sales breakdown to get an understanding of the business. After this, I go through my analysis checklist and then value Alphabet’s stock using the discounted free cashflow method.

Let me know your thoughts!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

1 Like

Happy cake day!

1 Like

Thank you! (Moooo!) 2 years on the forum has absolutely flown by… I’m user 37,xxx

2 Likes

An interesting interview with the CEO of Alphabet

Waymo are now really racking up some mileage on their i-paces in SF

As noted in replies: with this amount of miles in a relatively complex urban environment I think this year’s CA DMV disengagement report should be a good indicator of how far away real AD solutions are.

1 Like

Interesting article.

1 Like

Interesting:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.phonearena.com/amp/news/lawsuit-accuses-google-of-paying-apple-to-stay-away-from-the-search-engine-industry_id137537

20 to 1 split coming up

2 Likes

Will be interesting to see if Amazon announce something similar on Thursday.

3 Likes
3 Likes

3043 premarket. That would mark an all time high for Alphabet (if it can hold during reg hours).

2 Likes

Does fractional shares also get split ? Or only whole stock share will be split and fractional will be sold ?

Fractional shares also get split so if you had half a share, you would end up with 10 following the split (assuming it is a 1:20 split)

3 Likes

That’s wonderful of freetrade

1 Like

Fundsmith has opened a position in Alphabet, according to the latest factsheet. It’s a bit of a strange one as Terry Smith has been pretty critical of Google during past shareholder meetings.