Anyone experiencing any loading app problems?

Lately i have been experiencing the app is slow in loading or unable to load. Is this happening with anyone else?

Yes it has been quite slow lately.

Yep, for me too. Had to force close the app just after my trade executed as the UI became unresponsive

Yeah happened two days ago

Yea it has been slow both just loading up and opening the app, and also when trying to buy or sell stocks it gets stuck on the processing page for a long time a lot longer than usual. This is occurring with large stocks like Microsoft so I donā€™t think itā€™s a liquidity issue either. Would appreciate this being worked on as waiting a couple minutes for a buy or sell order to go through is a bit annoying.

2 Likes

Apparently the order execution is intact but the app has problems generating contract notes etc. and that is the cause of the delay.

Ahh I see, yea itā€™s been weird occasionally flashing up saying the order is queued (even thought itā€™s an instant order) but then itā€™s gone through when I refresh so it wasnā€™t in a queue. Probs just a bug I guess.

1 Like

Happens for me every time I buy or sell. Get stuck ā€˜sending orderā€™ and have to force stop the app.

Exactly the same with him, saying it was qued and would be under the port screen, then there wud be multiple orders, or orders I couldnā€™t cancel,
Tried the help chat, that was rubbish Allso.
Freetrade is really pushing its loyal customers with a app that feels like it was a A level project

A similar situation happened to me last week in a day of abnormaly high trading volumes, which affected Freetradeā€™s service provider in the US. I didnā€™t place any order this afternoon, hence I donā€™t know if todayā€™s volume was regular or higher than normal. Therefore it may or not be a similar situation

I think it was last week when I got a similar message like the one you posted on your screenshot. It was after a bank holiday in the US, and the orders I placed were presented with a message similar to that one, but I donā€™t have a screenshot to share and compare. It was mentioned that the overall trading volume for the US markets in that day was higher than normal, which caused issues with Freetradeā€™s partner in the US, or the communication between both, I canā€™t really remember. I donā€™t know if today was similar, or if something else completely different caused your issue. In any case, I believe it should and will be investigated, diagnosed and sorted.

Edit: this thread explains the situation Iā€™m referring to

Or you can jump to this post in the same thread:

Again, I donā€™t know if today was similar or not

As far as I can understand Freetrade is a startup with an ever evolving MVP. It improves partially thanks to feedback such as yours. I would rather not experience challenges of the sort, but even well established brokers find themselves with technical issues in extreme circumstances. Not that Iā€™m thrilled about it or just accept it like if it were one of those things I just have to live with. But I do think Freetradeā€™s product is better today than it was 1 year ago, and I think that it will continue to improve in the future.

I understand and find it sensible if youā€™re experiencing losses with your trading in Freetradeā€™s investment platform

So long as we, as customers, continue to benefit from competition derived from the existence of multiple service providers, either incumbents or challengers. In order to diversify platform risk, and in the future, I hope for today my wallet is thin still, to also benefit from the 85K protection in each one. In principle, I donā€™t like monopolies. Not even the game

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.