Apple Pay top ups šŸ

So excited to see this appear as an option in the app, I had to register a forum account!

16 Likes

Thanks for sharing this, you beat me to it :smile:

Hereā€™s a short guide to using Apple Pay to topup.

By the way, using Apple Pay to topup costs us more money than banks transfers so weā€™d be grateful if people used transfers whenever possible :money_with_wings:

7 Likes

Annoyingly it only appeared shortly AFTER I initiated a bank transfer top upā€¦ :rofl:

Looking forward to simpler future topups though, fantastic stuff guys :+1:t2:

1 Like

So easy! just tried it out

up to 45 mins for monies to appear

1 Like

Remember itā€™s a lifetime Ā£1,000 limit, so youā€™ll run out at some point.

1 Like

Great news. As an Android user though, itā€™s irritating to seemingly have to play second fiddle again. Will Freetradeā€™s Android app forever lag the iOS one feature-wise? Is parity too much to ask for?

The Android app will definitely get to parity with the iOS app, within the next couple of months. The teamā€™s big believers in that, especially because quite a few of them are Android users :wink:

Weā€™re launching Android Pay topups in May.

1 Like

Certainly not :grinning:. We have set an internal goal to maintain parity. Youā€™ll start to see some new features out on Android before iOS as well. This allows us to gather feedback before launching on both platforms.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear.

Now thatā€™s what Iā€™m talking about; sod parityā€”gimme gimme gimme! :joy:

3 Likes

How significant is the increase in using Apple Pay?

Figures be interesting :grinning:

I canā€™t share that much detail Iā€™m afraid, just ā€˜moreā€™ :slight_smile:

Any reason why not???

Weā€™re often not going to disclose the commercial agreements that we have with our partners (whoā€™re Stripe & checkout.com here), if at all.

In case youā€™re wondering ā€œbut is that transparent?ā€, hereā€™s how we think about that -

6 Likes

Fair enough, reminds me of the debate Monzo had/ have with ATM withdrawals

Iā€™ll continue to add funds via bank transfer as itā€™s pretty seamless now Monzo automatically inserts my reference

I hope this helps new customers - however as they get used to Apple Pay , my only worry is as they soon hit their Ā£1k limit they then have to revert to using a bank transfer which wonā€™t be as convenient

Good work on the release of Apple Pay :muscle:

2 Likes

Hey @neovo, thanks!

By the way, weā€™ll also be introducing some other improvements to top ups soon, so hopefully these various options will offer good choices for people to top up depending on their own preferences etc.

6 Likes

Let me guess, once the investment platform is up and running? :wink:

3 Likes

Weā€™ll have more in the pipeline before that! :grinning:

3 Likes

:eyes: on Twitter :smile:

Looks very smooth, I think it says up to Ā£1000 can be topped up via Apple Pay, not sure if this is over the lifetime of your account, or per month/year.

7 Likes

It does. When this launches youā€™ll be able to top up, up to Ā£1,000 over the lifetime of your account.

Hereā€™s the video thatā€™s in Joshā€™s tweet -

1 Like

Sorry, but what does that mean?!

Does it means that if someone makes a Ā£1,000 top up in one go, that it will be it?! I ask cuz Iā€™m not familiar with Apple Pay.