AST SpaceMobile - ASTS - Share Chat

This company is a space-based cellular broadband network provider. It is developing a mobile network in partnership with Vodafone.

I cant find either ASTS or AST space SpaceMobile :cry:

See Sam’s comment.

1 Like

Cheers :+1: As it happens I couldn’t find the code on my excel sheet either :joy: :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Google is making a modest contribution here, but their interest in AST technology suggests some potential. The success of 5G call tests by this smaller company could be significant for Android phones in the near future, particularly when it comes to competing with Apple’s satellite features. The market is gaining strength with Starlink and Amazon launching satellites, even though calling options aren’t in the picture for them at the moment.

According to this article, 2024 will be the year of LEO (low Earth orbit). I am not sure if it will really be, but the segment is heating up for sure.

Forbes: “2024 the year of LEO” | Advanced Television.

I don’t know if anyone else here, besides me, is following the direct-to-smartphone services development, but here is an important update. The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the US is about to allow satellite operators to use spectrum from terrestrial cellular businesses for their smartphone connections, and when beyond the reach of conventional mobile towers. It is an important and necessary step for businesses such as AST, Starlink, Amazon, Apple, and others.