šŸ’» Beta Testing for Freetrade Web

I agree , for expert traders 10 quid a month is an absolute steal. Infact, experts should refuse to pay 10 quid and force freetrade to charge 50quid.

2 Likes

I tried the Web version and it looks ok, but is totally useless as yet.
But still a huge step forward.
I wonder if Engineers will include a play version to web, to help newbies learn before using real money. It might even encourage more new members and plus members can use it to iron out any probsā€¦

4 Likes

Thanks for everyoneā€™s feedback on the pricing model, I donā€™t really have anything to add other than what we said in the initial post, weā€™ve made this beta available to plus users first, and as it develops weā€™re looking how we can bring it to more users!

@Adamlr Iā€™ll open an issue on our side to investigate that! Thanks for the report!

5 Likes

Free: web version
Plus: API, full graphing etc

Thereā€™s loads of ways you could cut it up.

1 Like

Thanks for this, team!

I understand itā€™s a beta and thatā€™s fine, right now Iā€™m just pleased it exists. With this, national declaration stocks and the European shares, Iā€™m happy to close my Trading 212 account.

The small thing Iā€™d like in the future is for the design to take advantage of the screen real estate I have. Iā€™m using a 4K monitor and Iā€™m sure there are plenty of people out there with bigger and multiple high resolution displays. I understand youā€™re iterating fast and this is a MVP product, so Iā€™m not complaining.

7 Likes

Hey Marco. As a User Researcher here at Freetrade, itā€™s amazing to be a part of a company with a community that is so engaged and willing to give us great feedback. :raised_hands:

7 Likes

If I forget to manually log out, how long is it before Iā€™m automatically logged out?

1 Like

Freetrade vr glasses version

Freetrade metaverse version

Elon says he doesnā€™t care about the economics

1 Like

I agree. But charge for API keys.
Also, as an ā€œearly Investorā€ can I not get pro for free and check out the web appā€¦

1 Like

If like me you invested Ā£1k+ in R2 then you should be recognised as a founding member and get Plus free for life.

Hi, I have tried twice now using the link and each time I get an error message ā€˜Authentication failedā€™ what am I doing wrong?

Are you authenticating in the same browser, it was mentioned about you need to use the same one.

Hi Neil, yes I am using Safari as I do for normal access. Do I need to log out of the Freetrade app?

I donā€™t know about that, I doubt it. Are you a :plus_: user?

If the web app is offering significantly more than the app (bearing in mind that there are some fairly basic features still missing from the app eg decent tax reporting, decent search/share categorisation etc) then I could see a good reason to restrict to Plus members. For example better/more advanced info/screening options.

But if it is just a web version of an app then it is utterly self-defeating to keep it to plus only - all it does is prevent users from accessing their info in a convenient manner.

1 Like

Yes I am a PLUS subscriber and pay Ā£9.99 per month for it.

Fixed in one day. Well done Freetrade !

8 Likes

Have you tried a different browser or cleared all the cookies / history? If not it might be one for @clloyd

Iā€™m using Safari on iPad and it worked ok for me.

If youā€™re on an Apple device, is it upgraded to latest ios? Maybe thatā€™s the issue?

(Iā€™ve also used it on Google Chrome on laptop; again no problem)

1 Like

Visiting the webpage and authenticating on the same device ?