Bitcoin - Crypto Chat

I do wonder if the story is even true to be honest. He must be a terrible IT worker if he just throws a hard drive out without totally destroying the unit so nobody could recover anything off it. And how the Sun call it an exclusive when the story has been around for bloody ages is odd :joy:

I am sure if he had real backers then the council would happily take the 50mil and let him but it seems they have not been offered real money up front.

1 Like

Wonder what they will do with it all after the trial.

I got excited about that Amazon headline until I spotted “Bitcoin Cash”. That makes me pretty sure it’s just clickbait rather than a credible story (so I won’t bother clicking it).

1 Like

Not saying they will/won’t but a company the size of Amazon would/should employ someone in that field for a “in case” scenario :+1: Maybe even for a long term project. Think Apple employed a load of car production leaders years ago and may not bother with building cars.

5 Likes

Yes hiring in a new department does not mean they are ready to lunch or accept cryptos. In the articles they say the blockchain info structure is ready and they are already working on this project from 2019. But again, I do not trust every single word on newspaper.

However, I wanted to say that that implementation of blockchain is slightly different and more relevant for Amazon than manufacturing car for Apple. I remember the news about it too but it is not the same thing.

1 Like

Hence me opening with “Not saying it will/won’t” :+1: I just made the point a decent business of their size would get all their bases covered even if they ultimately decided against following through.

Personally I doubt it would happen soon as the volatility is too extreme. Imagine the price/value fluctuations of cheap items that Amazon sell. Who would bear the brunt of the items dropping 30% due to a tweet being sent out?

Ironically, this would make the items on Amazon cheaper if they had accepted bitcoin today :joy:

2 Likes

Amazon is just the point of the iceberg. It is happening faster then you think, faster than the adoption of internet. Small term volatility is part of the game.

2 Likes

Mr Howells is still looking for his bitcoins

1 Like

If ever there was a better advert for not buying Bitcoin then surely this is it :joy:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/youtuber-ksi-says-e2-80-98bitcoin-is-the-future-e2-80-99-and-e2-80-98in-ten-years-e2-80-99-time-people-who-invested-will-be-laughing-e2-80-99/ar-AAN0S79?ocid=uxbndlbing

A fake boxer, rubbish rapper and now a BS financial adviser :man_facepalming: but fair play he makes that sweet click money/fan buys for all the above.

The guy is worth well over 20 million pounds and has been investing in stocks and property from a very young age, I’d say well done to the fellow he has found something people are willing to pay for and made the absolute most out of it.

2 Likes

The guy made his money from you-tube/fake boxing and rapping and admits he lost millions in bitcoin and I did say fair play to him.

Bitcoin is still up 255% from last year

Yes you only lose if you sell the dip, in this case it was a headline grabber to promote his album which went to number one, the media love a headline so play along as they know a lot of readers are too thick to realise. He hasn’t lost a penny.

Exactly :+1: The guy is very clever at making money from his social media that’s for sure!!! I mean it is insane the amount these useless you-tuber wannabe fighters make in fake boxing matches :joy:

Also, quite how he lost what he gained in the time period is odd seeing as it was up lots in that period is strange.