Bitcoin - Crypto Chat

This will be a real “Marmite” article :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Lol - 3rd time i’m aware of - 2013, 2017 and now. I wonder how long it will be before they change their mind again :joy:

2 Likes

I so want crypto to become mainstream just to stick two fingers at China

I’m not sure they’ve ever changed their mind, they’re just gradually tightening the screws. The same would happen in other countries used to controlling the currency (and benefiting from that control) if people starting using Bitcoin for transactions (as opposed to speculation).

1 Like

Not sure about the gradual tightening. To ban mining to ban holding crypto to ban using crypto to ban exchanges is fairly precipitous tightening. For me would love other countries to impose export conditions. You want to export to our country we pay with crypto take it or leave it. Can dream

China banning crypto ‘oh well’ not such a bad thing just means the rest of world will have the opportunity to increase their mining capabilites.

I agree… bitcoin will bounce back. Opportunity to buy the dip
Redirect Notice

Just read the headline on this, surprised how little Bitcoin fell! More resilient than I expected. Any estimates as to why this is, apart from crypto investors being irrational?

China is like 1/5th the world’s population so in theory cuts out a big market. But not sure what the adoption is like there in terms of use.

China bans Bitcoin roughly every 2 years and nobody is really affected. They’ve never really stuck with it or enforced it.

2 Likes

Also, I later read that it bans it as a form of payment or something, but no ban against holding it, I believe.

1 Like

First ban in 2009 then 2013, 2014, 2017 and now 2021.

Just a chance to keep buying the dip!!!

2 Likes
1 Like

Bitcoin reaches all time high :rocket:

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Relates to Indonesia

This could be the biggest story in crypto for ages if he goes through on his promise to prove he is Nakamoto!

Australian man Craig Wright wins US court battle for bitcoin fortune worth billions | Bitcoin | The Guardian

2 Likes