Bitcoin - Crypto Chat

1 Like

The 19th million bitcoin has now been mined

1 Like
1 Like

Central African Republic adopt BTC as legal currency

Fidelity will soon offer bitcoin as an option in 401(k)s. (pension plans) very interesting

Bitcoin is now below 2017 ATHs. So basically in 5 years nothing was achieved…

That’s such an odd way to look at it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

For those of us that cashed out at 40k+, id say quite alot was achieved. Lol :wink:

4 Likes

King dollar is destroying every other currency on the market except the rouble…whilst it has massive relative inflation.

When btc dips to below 10k, I’ll be nibbling. I’m actually a big fan of the white paper and I despise banks. I don’t think I can make it clear how much I despise these types of custodians.

2 Likes

James Howells still wants his bitcoins back. He ain’t giving up!

4 Likes

Even if he finds it the chances of the data still being recoverable after 10 years buried in a landfill must be pretty low

1 Like

What are the chances of them actually being able to find it….

I think you’d be surprised. I’ve got hdd’s that are nearly 15 years old, still going strong (mostly Western Digital), all my Seagate disks have gone by now though. It would be interesting to understand which manufacturer made the disk he threw away.

Were they buried in rubbish and rained on for 10 years?

3 Likes

In theory assuming there was no magnetic interference to ruin the data or it wasn’t crushed it could still be recoverable. Even crushed there’s options to get the data back…. Though at considerable expense and with no guarantee

The drives inside are usually also well sealed up

1 Like

I guess it depends, but it’s quite possible it’s been submerged in some disgusting rotten chemical soup for years

Or maybe the Gulls got it :rofl:

3 Likes

What are the chances the guy is a Walter Mitty character stringing the (as long as there is a story who cares if its true) media along?

1 Like

I thought this!!! He will be quite the celebrity and loving it. The other thing is, he is pretty stupid for an IT guy to just throw out hard drives. Never heard of any IT pro who would ever let that happen.

2 Likes

Bitcoin addresses surpass the one billion mark for the first time hitting 1,000,002,559

Source: Glassnote - crypto analytics platform.