BT Group plc - BT.A

1 Like

Nice 8% bump on opening

3 Likes

Long may it continue :slight_smile:

I’m new to FT and investing in general. I have a quick question. Patrick Drahis holding is 12.1% and eventually a government minister will have to decide if his potential takever bid gets the green light and is allowed tp double his stake. If the minister decides against Drahi, how will this impact the share price given that Drahi is known as a “cost cutter and using significant debts” according to Berenberg.

Well, Drahi increased his stake and government issued a warning.

The stock has tanked😬

Also, why do my posts need approval?

It’s frustrating. I have been growing my holding in this. Am still in the green but not by much ha. I was hoping be £2 by Christmas :frowning:

Indeed, I bought a little bit more today to bring my average down to £1.72.

I still think there is a good outcome for BT. Lots of future plans. Exceeding targets. Dividend reinstated. I’m holding at this price but if drops below my average will pick up more I’m sure.

Some room for growth. BT teaming up with Discovery on joint sport venture.

Yeah I think this will still continue to be good. Little wobble today but I’m still up 18% :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMO none of these reasons enhance BT’s value. The sole driver of BT share price for now is the potential sell off by DT and/or potential bids. There still are major problem(s).

If you are lucky and have more recently acquired BT shares all is good. If you are a longer term shareholder, commiserations. Well perhaps if you bought before 1990 you might be in the money … but am not sure by how much once adjusted for inflation.

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 15.14.20

1 Like

I joined in the recent dips and got my average down to £1.50something. if it gets to £2 and holds and dividends keep coming I’m happy…for now

1 Like

Good luck! I hope for you they restore the dividend fully - that will propel it up.

2 Likes

I bought recently and understand it is undervalued. I suspect that their full-fibre internet might push them on, as long as they can install it fast enough.

They have, unless you mean to the previous amount? Which i think is unlikely to happen any time soon. the dividend will hopefully increase over time assuming BT can keep improving and bringing in the money.

1 Like

Yup. it what I meant by restore the dividend fully. And yes, I agree with you that is unlikely to happen anytime soon and if it did happen soon the price would immediately be shocked into the clouds.

Anyone received their dividend payment yet?

Mine are auto reinvested so I won’t see them until the 9th. They will usually appear on freetrade the same day for UK shares, or the next working day if there’s a delay

Mine aren’t showing yet but I’m sure they will arrive :slight_smile:

Yes, mines in.