💡 Centrica plc 🔥 (£CNA)

Keeping the lights on, this electricity and gas supplier operates in several markets serving consumers and businesses.

2 Likes

Every cloud has a silver lining. The share price is currently on the way up!

1 Like

There is no correlation between whole sale prices and the stock price. Is this latest uptick just emotionally led or is their something fundamental?

2 Likes

Centrica owns British Gas, one of the top 6 UK energy suppliers, so likely to take on customers from failed companies.

And taking these customers on at a loss :eyes:

They all have Ofgem over a barrel, if they all hold a unified line they’ll get some good ‘terms’.

1 Like

Today’s loss is tomorrow’s profit. Once this crisis is over, they’ll have more customers and fewer competitors. The dream.

3 Likes

Just wondering if we will get any dividends from Centrica PLC?

Hi @legalbee223

Your last dividend should have arrive about a month ago.

They haven’t announced any future dividends yet.

I don’t usually buy many non dividend bearing stocks, but couldn’t resist.

I am well into my utilities sector at the moment.

1 Like

They still haven’t announced any planned Dividend so i assume they just arent paying them anymore?

As widely expected Centrica has restored its dividend. 1p interim - paid on 17 Nov. Need to be on the register on 7 Oct. Dividend seekers can rejoice.

1 Like
1 Like

I’d encourage people to read their financial report. Many of the news reports are… an interesting take

2 Likes

Say they will pay a dividend until uk govt decide to impose a special tax grab on them.
How dare a company make money :see_no_evil::joy:

Its different making money and absolutely taking the pish out of the average man and woman though mate,blaming the cost increases in energy on putin etc then having a astronomical profit increase🤣

1 Like

Looking to buy this stock but a bit confused, checked on Google centrica owns British gas right but the stock is 83.51, is this the same stock?

That price on Google Finance is in pence - (GBX).

The price on the Freetrade app is in £.

Screenshot 2022-08-16 at 11.57.41