- Restaurant chain Chilango raised money through mini-bonds this year**
- It initially intended to raise just £1m but ended up with 3 times as much**
- Mini-bonds are unregulated and unprotected high-risk investments**
- According to reports the company has brought in a restructuring firm**
- It said they would help to ‘assist on long-term planning, options and strategy’**
Chilango shares were my first foray into crowdfunding.
So, will investors be getting a or a ?
We will see soon I am sure
Hence my reluctance in investing in unsecured bonds.
I invested in Chilango (equities) a while ago. Need to check my certificates if I can claim loss-relief.
Meanwhile Chipotle (CMG) recovered after the e-coli bear market.
Email received today about the Chilango CVA - need to review the detail but I guess another where EIS loss relief may not be available - 7 out of 19 of my Crowdcube investments down the tubes!
Why would EIS loss relief not be available?
I understood this was only available if the company ceased trading completely, not restructured; however I need to do some further research on this.