[Crowdfunding 🔨] BUX

Interesting news from BUX. I have used their app (trading CFDs) in the past and it’s definitely quite a slick experience. They’ve just announced that they are launching a new zero commission stock trading product:

Coming in hot today with a massive announcement. We’re dropping a new app, BUX STOCKS. And boy is it red hot. Everyone and I mean everyone from first time millennial investors to big bald baby boomers will soon be able to invest in EU and US stocks with BUX…! And not only that, they’ll be able to invest for FREE, yes nil, naught, nada. STOCKS users will be able to buy and sell - real - stocks and pay zero in commissions.

Just like it’s little(or bigger) brother, STOCKS will encompass all things BUX: That is an ever-growing ‘in-app’ community and an app that is low in complexity, sleek in design and ahead of the game with user-friendliness.

We’ll be launching in Germany and the Netherlands in early 2019 and then the rest of Europe will be able to come along for the ride.

To stay ahead of curve you can sign up to our waiting list. Not only will you be able to cop sneak peeks and be kept up to date with developments surrounding STOCKS but you’ll also have a chance to collect some free shares along the way. See stocks.getbux.com

We’re so pumped about this launch that we’re giving away 100,000 shares to everyone who joins the BUX STOCKS waiting list and opens an account once we’re live. Let’s rock the world of finance!

3 Likes

Dafuq… giving away 100,000 BUX shares?! :thinking: That’s an interesting client acquisition strategy.

1 Like

Similar pink & white colour scheme to Freetrade:

Wonder if they’ll be offering fractional US shares too?

Looks like Germany and the Netherlands need to be first on FT’s European expansion plans!

2 Likes

@missponyta,

1. They didnt say 100k shares for everyone i think, i believe it is one share per person for first 100k users. What i have got in an email : “Be among the first 100,000 users to set up an account in the app and get a free share.*”

2. Tandem did give free share, also it is not worth of 75£, but one share which was worth 15£ (at that time).

“Shares that are distributed will be decided in full discretion by Bux only and are non-negotiable” [T&C’s]

I.e. they’re shares in listed stocks rather than shares in Bux itself - so they could be shares for €1 or whatever they decide at the time… It won’t be a massive giveaway, more to encourage users as they start.

Slightly off topic but had a look at their site and found their Culture Book aimed at people applying. Worth looking at for a laugh

https://getbux.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/BUX-Culture-book.pdf

Highlights include this amazing caption

And there’s always their not at all worrying sleeping arrangements

5 Likes

I see they have pictures & quotes from notable people in the Culture Book - I would love to hear Elon Musk or Simon Sinek’s thoughts on “kingsize” bed sharing or BigSwingingNick

4 Likes

I was a Tandem “co-founder” and never received my share. I think I just had a little whinge about it on the Monzo forum but never actually complained to Tandem. From what I’d heard Tandem shares became pretty worthless so it felt like complaining about getting short changed by a penny.

@ss2302 did you get a share in Tandem for being a cofounder? What did you have to do to get it?

1 Like

@rarther - I did receive one share but i think it may be because i referred someone else! current share price is around 62 pence, it was £15.

1 Like

I noticed they are already targeting “freetrade” in Google search.

3 Likes

Alternatively could be ‘free’ and ‘trade/trading’, which form Freetrade’s name.

1 Like

Good point but it’s common for competitors to target their competitors name. It’s why you find companies bidding on their own company name. Anyway I accidentally stumbled upon it so I thought I’d share.

2 Likes

Nope, it’s our trademark.

5 Likes

To be expected from the man who refers to himself as BigSwingingNick :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He likes golf :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

And sharing king size beds with his co workers which makes me :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

So… it looks like they removed that terrifying “Culture Book” after your comment: https://getbux.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/BUX-Culture-book.pdf

:clap:

3 Likes

I have a copy if you want it… :sweat_smile:

Good work @Rat_au_van - although they should know better

1 Like

I’m good. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes