Crowdfunding round eight, Wed 14 Sep 2022 🎈

Big-g I think it is terrific that you are asking questions. You should ask questions. No matter what the investment. And even more so for crowd funded investments after all as the strap line goes Investing in startups carries significant risk.

One potential danger that people have (including me!) is to fall in love with an investment. We should always stand back and ask what makes sense now. Previous investment(s) in any share(s) are a sunk cost.

I don’t think that the issue is as a previous respondent says getting the same deal. Honestly totally irrelevant. The CNL deal was struck at the end of last year (or perhaps at the beginning of the year). You and I have no idea what deal would be struck today. Earlier this year I heard time and time again people say words that say or imply ‘it will be better by September’. Well it ain’t so. The market climate is worse and as we can we see the economic indicators aren’t getting better.

Now people can make their own judgements about the general market, the specific broker market and finally Freetrade’s own performance.

On the positive side, you could take the view that high risk implies high reward.

I have (only in my opinion) a rather good view of what happens in the community and what people say. I know the the fan boy and fan girl type comments and the comments that imply someone has been drinking a great of Kool-aid. I also see the comments that are 180 degrees different.

My own opinion about whether this is an investable company or not is not relevant to you. It is improbable that my appetite for risk is the same as yours. I get it that you are ‘big’ but maybe I eat bigger steaks than you do. You have no idea :-). I wrote a comment today Funds, Trusts, and other things Baillie Gifford - #19 by bitflip about information. Implicit in that comment is that we don’t have and don’t get all the information that ‘big investors’ perhaps get. This is where the rubber hits the road we need to make the call by ourselves.

7 Likes