Currys - 🖥📠📟 - CURY

At £700m that’s about 62p per share. Current value 47p per share. Some analysts do think Currys is undervalued though.

2 Likes

Both may be true, with the offer undervaluing the business albeit undervaluing it less than the public markets are. I can’t imagine Elliot just walking away, there is space for someone to hoover up the electronics space like Best Buy has in the US.

There isn’t a single online retailer that has created a singular shopping destination, AO.com has tried, Argos has got close and Amazon is bad for higher-value electronics. Turning the shops into distribution hub so your order could be delivered same day / next day.

1 Like

I like Currys I always buy my larger consumer electronics from them!

1 Like

According to Sky news one of the largest shareholders has said that the board should hold out for 75p a share £800 million, which I agree with.

Although now Elliott have shown their hand it could bring other suitors to the table, as its rumoured that Chinese retailer JD.com is considering exploring offers.

1 Like

So far just the present offer priced in. So here’s hoping for a bit more of an increase

well its a very good business I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a few other offers, certainly there will be a few companies in UK, EU and possibly USA looking at this given the exceptional deal they did for the greece assets meaning the uk and nordics will have no debt going forward and more financial stability.

Also remember reading over the weekend that analysts feel iDMobile alone is worth in the 500 million mark

Worth getting in?

Hi,
Only you can answer that one as if a deal goes through then yes you could make some money but equally there is no guarantee that the board or shareholders will approve a deal in which case the share price will drop again and you could be sitting on a loss for a while.

Nice little profit if someone has speculated on this!

2 Likes

unfortunately I only have 351 shares and had planned to invest more last week when the cash became available but things got in the way so didn’t get round too it, imagine how annoyed I am now :slight_smile:

1 Like
2 Likes

Second attempt at take over!

1 Like

Elliott’s obviously are not listening as at least one of the biggest shareholders in curry’s made it clear any offer below 75p and the board should not engage with them and reject the offer, so all these low ball offers is just wasting everyones time.

Curry’s is not a distressed company so Elliott’s need to realise they they either have to pay up big or go home they wont get currys on the cheap.

1 Like

Looks like Elliott’s didn’t want to go big, which is good as I feel there is lots of upside with curry’s and when JD.com pulls out I will be topping up as the share price falls temporarily.

1 Like