Deep dive: Greatland Gold ⛏️ 🤿

Behave you scallywag!! :rofl:

3 Likes

It still keeps rising. I don’t know whether to throw more at it, jump out or sit and hold it. 99% of the value of the stock is made up of an anticipation of maybe, possibly, hopefully, could be.

Buy, dump or hold? I feel it will have to come back down with a bump soon. The slightest bit of nerves, a large investor blink or whatever and it’ll drop like a stone. I wasn’t sure if the big investor was trying to calm everyone today before they cream off some profit…

1 Like

I’m sitting tight for now, it’s all sentiment until they start getting it out of the ground.

I noticed the other day that Newcrest still have this tweet pinned to the top of their feed:

So they’re obviously still really excited about the project.

2 Likes

I suppose I might be a tad braver than some, I added a further 10k this morning which raised my average from 2 to 3. Total holding now 42,500. I’m a bit of an adrenaline junkie :grin: but I am disciplined and would never invest more than I could afford to lose, which is what it all boils down to. I have been very successful so far in life with my financial position and hopefully this can continue. Onwards and upwards GGP :star2::yellow_heart::star2:

6 Likes

I added a bit more this morning when the price moved down to 5.5p, went too early and missed the resistance as was lower near 5p.

1 Like

What price would you sell them at?

Testing my resistance hey :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I won’t tell you what happened to the last person that did that… :rofl:

1 Like

Do we have any idea what the shares are worth? I don’t know if they are undervalued, over-valued or what. That’s why I can’t invest anything more than what I have. I’d be furious if it went pop and re-read this post.

1 Like

They used their safe word = Oklahoma!!! :rofl:

1 Like

Intrinsically speaking they’re worth nothing as the business doesn’t actual create revenue at the moment. So it’s all about the value you put on the discoveries they’ve made so far. Really simple calculation to give you a rough idea.

• Times the discovery size in ounces by the current gold price (-$1000 dollars per unit to get it out of the ground, so you’re left with profit only.).
  • Reduce it by your desired factor of safety (10-30%).
  • Reduce it by the percentage of mine owned (which will work out around 25% in GGP’s case)
  • Then divide that by shares issued. Whatever value you get to then is the fair price when everything is up and working.
  • Factor an additional safety in for development of the mine, additional debt and some further dilution.

Incredibly roughly speaking you’ll be somewhere near a discovery price.

8 Likes

Price went literally exponential the next year. Always worried when a share price growth starts to represent a vertical line. :joy: Bubble territory perhaps now and to land to join the party? Who knows!

What’s happened today? Down 20% and a quick Google news search isn’t telling me any bad news has come out. :confused:

1 Like

Same, I looked at my portfolios overall gains, etc and it was down like a lead a balloon!!?? Then saw Greatland :persevere:

Newcrest half-year results out yesterday. No juicy bits in them.

Cash-out your stocks at the top, watch the shaky retailers drop out and buy back your stake at the bottom. Today alone you would have picked up 20% more shares then you had yesterday because of itchy trigger fingers.

I’ve bought some more. They probably won’t finish that far below the open I would imagine.

1 Like

I topped up this morning didnt think it would go that low though missed out on 4p :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I got my free share today (worth like £4) sold it to get shot of it, so I think i’ll just use that as spare change and buy a little chunk more to add to my collection for Greatland :+1:

1 Like

We are in the correction phase after big rally. 50% correction of the top would be healthy

BOOM :grin::star2::yellow_heart::star2:

3 Likes

Buy the dip. People selling after reaching ATH. News continues to be good.

Got £500 on standby for when we hit the dip. :crazy_face:

1 Like