Direct Line ☎️ - DLG

Give it a few days and it’ll arrive.

2 Likes

That was a nice surprise :relaxed:

2 Likes

Whats going on today… dropped 29.5% earlier this morning. Looks like historical low.

Ohhh that explains that. Should have asked first before buying a few more. I guess dividends will be reinstated at some point. Looks like hold long term. Most people will be deep in the red when they log on today.

Seems to have affected other insurance companies as well. Probably because they face similar challenges due to weather. Aviva, Admiral and Legal and general are all down this morning

I’ve looked into DLG in the past but never felt the price to value had a sufficient buffer (for me personally) but this looks a good opportunity to open a position in my opinion so I have pulled the trigger. There may be some further short term pain but would expect this to be a profitable trade in the long term from both a dividend and capital appreciation perspective.

1 Like

Typical for me. I was considering selling out of my position on Monday :see_no_evil::joy: rip
Now considering adding more

1 Like

Lost 62 quid today, stupud excuse “we had to pay more on payouts” stfu, bunch of liars

Don’t worry Azzie Direct Line is going nowhere. Just see it as an opportunity to increase your holdings for a bargain price

Why are you so sure dlg is"going nowhere"?

I’m holding this long term in my SIPP, so view it as a chance to buy a few more at a cheaper price.

I wonder how many burst pipe claims are a direct result of people not heating their home sufficiently having to save money on gas etc.

1 Like

Thats a bit of a risk,how old are you?

I’m a bit heavy on insurance and financials, but picked up most of them at 10% yields. Must say, I was looking at DLG as my disposal as I’m least keen on their potential for growth/profitability. The story about rising second hand car parts earlier in the year should have set alarm bells ringing.
Don’t think I’ll look to average down on this one - money better served elsewhere. Will still be looking for an exit.

52, I hold about 200 quids worth and limit all my holdings in the sipp to between 300 to 400. So not going to be dropping thousands on DLG. Perhaps just up to another 100 shares or so. I have lived and traded through recessions before. My wife and I have the house and cars insured with DLG, can’t fault them unlike some other companies we have dealt with before

1 Like

16% recovery today. Nice surprise

1 Like

How high do you think this will go before the take over?

Don’t know is the honest answer and with how DLG’s business model has performed lately I would find it difficult to attempt an intrinsic value.

Appears they have rejected the offer so hopefully there will be a counter at even better terms.

I opened a position here with a view to them becoming profitable once again and the dividend being reinstated, so even if today’s approach does not materialise any further I am happy to hold.

2 Likes