Displaying of the spread

I would love to have the bid and offer price displayed as well as the spread.

I know there is the high and low price. But there isn’t any spread information. Knowing how many points my stock needs to move before my price goes up or down is key when it comes to picking stocks.

Because if the spread is too high I won’t buy that stock.

I can not even see the high and low price in freetrade just mid market.
Having the buy/sell I would have thought was a standard feature

Hi @Gez If you’re buying for the longer term then the spread is of very little interest. If you’re trying to say trade / short term trade then FT haven’t build the platform for support this.

1 Like

I’d prefer to see the spread even though I mainly invest long term. I think Freetrade have tried to make it look less complicated for new users, but I think that has backfired a little bit as people are regularly confused when they sell and find they haven’t got as much as they were expecting.

I referred a couple of people at work recently, and I’ve explained that buy and sell price aren’t the same multiple times but I’m not entirely sure it’s sunk in :rofl:

1 Like

I want to try and buy (and eventually sell) at the best/good price for current week (possibly month) so having an idea of the spread will help set more realistic limit/stop orders

1 Like

The spread could be displayed very simply, without much more complication, by displaying the buy and sell prices in small text on the buy/sell buttons.

For those suggesting that the spread isn’t too much of a deal, it can have a big impact on penny shares or those with low liquidity. Prior to plus and limit orders, I had transactions that were in excess of 10% different to the listed price. I’ve also had investments which were practically impossible to get rid of - the spread is an important data point.

3 Likes