Diversified Energy Company Plc - DEC - Share chat

I hope they don’t do more buybacks, last one seemed silly when shareholders were tapped for captial earlier this year for a deal at 105p. Rather they use the free cash to buy more assets and regain investors trust through soild profits.

I believe the buybacks have just started last Friday. 100k shares bought back with a plan to buy back 10% of the shares listed.

Of course i could be wrong so dyor

But this could be one factor in the gains on friday.

I’m not too fussed about the share price as long as they can maintain their dividend, in fact the longer it stays sub £1 with that 12% divi after withholding tax that sounds pretty sweet to me. But that’s just me being selfish, i know it’s worth way more and hopefully we will be back over the quid in no time.

Couple of things on the horizon which have not factored in yet which would be the US listing and the solar panels being put on their sites if that comes to pass.

1 Like

DEC Co- founder recently bought £148K worth of stock which is a positive indicator.

3 Likes

Everything’s looking good to me. I agree with trade the share buyback followed by a share issue makes no sense (unless they are going the share buyback to buy all the newly issued shares perhaps).

Hopefully the owners know what they are doing after all they have much more to lose than we do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Afternoon all. Just done another top up today. Keep buying everything it goes under 90p and enjoy the yield

2 Likes

Same, i just added some more too

1 Like

I’m in 2 minds, it might be a buying opportunity but it’s not looking good,
No good buying £££’s of shares to get maybe £20 in dividends when could end up losing the £££’s in first place :thinking:

The chart last 6 months is a downward spiral which dividends going up? A d with it standing a 15% or more is that worrying sign :radioactive:

Agreed, not looking great especially coming out of high gas energy prices…

1 Like

I think/hope everything is ok and this is a market overreaction to the Interest rate hike. Looking at my uk shares every single one has dropped today
With luck they will recover over the next week or so. Either way I won’t be buying anymore DEC for a while but I won’t be selling them either.

But this isn’t just this week it’s been at least 3 months if not longer check it last 6 months it’s red and long spiral red :pensive:
They also have a lot of debt and with a high dividend looks dodgy I hope I’m wrong I really do!
My AVG is £1.08 and nearly if not more £300+ down

1 Like

I’m still buying, 10% down as of today. But considering most stocks i’m looking at have all taken a hit i’m not too worried. They hit the low 80’s just a few weeks ago and then started to pull up but now inflation came in higher it seems to be tanking again. I’m doing my best Buffett impression and buying while others are fearful. He probably wouldn’t touch DEC with a bargepole which means he would be fearful too, so i’m outbuffetting the Buffett.

5 Likes

https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/diversified_gas_and_oil/news/rns/story/x5zmplx

This should help get it going back up. I’ll be glad to be back in the green, running out of money to keep chucking at it.

2 Likes

Anyone received dividends yet.

nooope

bp div took a week so I wouldn’t hold my breath.

1 Like

Dean
Not yet, still waiting, suspect Wednesday, as it always seems to take 3 to 5 days seems others with Hargreaves and ii have had there’s paid already last Friday on the actual Div date 30th
Richard

Once upon a time it would have been paid on the day. Mostly the tax would be wrong but that’s another story.

4 Likes

Morning all. A new day and still no dividend.

On the positive side the share price is recovering which is good news.

2 Likes

Share price could be recovering as everyone else has got their dividends and are reinvesting them while we sit and watch :rofl:

2 Likes

Another dividend not received yet?

1 Like