Email / push notification for new additions to the Stock Universe

Nice idea! I think some users might find that a bit spammy so once we have the layout with cards, maybe we should just have a dedicated ā€˜Newā€™ section in the Discover tab to display stocks that weā€™ve added recently. What do you think?

19 Likes

I think thatā€™s a great idea :smiley:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s very sexy. I like it! :+1:t3:

Didnā€™t think about the spamming.

1 Like

Looks great! :+1:

1 Like

Was just on Twitter and saw that youā€™d added Aston Martin to your universe - I should definitely have a push alert when the Universe expands. Even opt in or opt out of that feature.

What other cheeky shares have you added???

Hey Andrew! Justin beat you to making this suggestion yesterday Iā€™m afraid so Iā€™ve moved his idea to itā€™s own topic & moved your post over here. I hope thatā€™s ok!

Aston Martinā€™s the only one so far but thereā€™s a few more on the way :grin:

Maybe we could send an in-app notification via the live chat until weā€™ve got something more permanent set up?

2 Likes

Agree re spamming but think there will be times you will want to push - Aston Martin was a bit special. Off to buy a single share for bragging rights as I donā€™t think theyā€™ll make me much.

1 Like

Can we have an email summary weekly with newly added shares? Or a weekly push ā€˜Look what we have addedā€™ kind of thing?

4 Likes

Weā€™ll mention them in the #freetrade-chat:weekly-wraps if that works?

4 Likes

Yep great idea! An additional feature and I already read it so no spam problem. Push notification in time maybe, but again like a bulk process kind of thing?

Yes please add number of invites sent out as well as number of users now on boarded :blush: ie ones that have actioned their invites.

I read it weekly too

1 Like

Can I give a big thumbs down to the spammy push notification on ios that new stocks have been added? I want important notifications on my lock screen and I tend to disable notifications from apps that spam me.

Thanks for this feedback Dave, until we can build something into the app, how would you prefer to be notified instead?

1 Like

I liked how I got the in app message & that works perfect for me, but I can understand for traders who dont frequently check the app this can be challenging. I guess an opt in/opt out push notification works best.

Currently through twitter and the community I believe freetrade have been very vocal about this but I am not sure if this only applies to the recent Uber/Lyft IPO ā€¦

1 Like

We havenā€™t sent push notifications for other stock additions but decided to because these stocks were something our customers have been asking for a lot.

4 Likes

I got an email about it too, that is plenty.

Eventually some sort of notification granularity would be best, so I can set it to ā€˜important onlyā€™ and others can set it to tell them about every little change that might be interesting.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Notifications from Freetrade