☑ [Feature Request 🔧] Desktop/Web Interface

No excuse at this stage considering other offerings - fingers crossed it’ll happen early next year along with iOS widgets and native macOS app support.

2 Likes

I think Freetrade has reached a point where it could probably do new things less and do existing things in a better way.

The logic about the app being the go-to method for users is still sound but it has its limits.

The userbase and features have reached a point where the platform would benefit from a Tablet/Desktop version that offers deeper analytics and options for investors. Its introduction could solve a lot of requests from the userbase in one go.

I’m sure for most people a M1-esque solution would be ideal but I’d just like to see Freetrade take this a bit more seriously. It used to be on the roadmap but having just checked, it looks like they’ve dropped the idea altogether. It’s one of the big “missing pieces in the puzzle” for this platform and the votes/comments on this thread should make it more apparent for the FT team.

4 Likes

For now satisfied myself using https://freetweb.com/portfolio to view the charts and portfolio.
Not an official one though and you can view only , you can’t place the trades .Thx @zaccharles .

5 Likes

Thanks @fte I didn’t realise this existed… but the fact it does just proves my point.

From the FT (28/12/20) “Meanwhile Trading 212, the UK’s largest zero-commission trading platform, grew from £100m in assets under management in January to £1.2bn by November, and added more than 600,000 investment and ISA accounts since January”.
To be able to increase the user base, a desktop version seems imperative.

2 Likes

I don’t know where you got the link that a desktop version caused that? In fact their desktop version is lagging behind their app as they’ve not kept them in sync.

1 Like

Please create a WEBSITE version of Freetrade, to be able to access the portfolio AND buy/sell assets. It is VERY IMPORTANT IMO. It also gives a 2nd point of access in case something happens with our phone

3 Likes

Would love to hear updates in this, working from home more due to lockdowns I’m finding my self slowly moving over to trading 212 as I can check in on the progress during the day on my Laptop.

1 Like

It would be good to see a desktop version for this!

2 Likes

We really need a website now, I can’t read some of the information on the app it is just too small. Think it would bring new people in as well.

2 Likes

Please create a website. This will bring additional security

Yes, please - A desktop version would hugely benefit my poor eyes.

5 Likes

I find it really surprising that Freetrade doesn’t provide a web app alongside the mobile applications. The app is usable, but a webview can provide much more information due to the desktop screen real estate and make things like searching and visualising data a lot easier. Other users have also talked about the security aspect of it.

Please don’t ignore your users. A web app for platform such as yours is a must!

2 Likes

I’ve been looking forward to this since it was first mentioned on the original Trello Roadmap.

Personally I preferred the Trello roadmap as it was more transparent to follow.

Personally I would prefer a desktop interface it allows for better experience when researching, on the phone you’re limited to one screen, one app.

7 Likes

Let’s get the vote number up!!!

1 Like

#FreetradeDesktop!!!

2 Likes

Another one for desktop please (plus user)

I’m spending far too much time staring at my phone, I think my screen time was up on average nearly 2 hours last week :woozy_face:

1 Like

Please vote on this!

1 Like

+1 for this. I signed up for a Freetrade ISA this year, but sadly next tax year I’ll move to T212 for these 3 reasons:

• No desktop/web experience
  • Slow to add new stocks vs T212 (every SPAC I’ve requested is on T212 already without needing to request, despite requesting w/ Freetrade weeks ago, not added)
  • Super slow price feeds (c’mon, just do close to real time and charge for it…)

I’m a paying Freetrade member so I could access the current extra features and would happily stay with Freetrade if the above 3 things were addressed, but as of now, come new tax year my new ISA limit will be going to T212 and I won’t be moving back even if these are addressed later as it’s too much hassle doing ISA transfers (have to sell to cash etc with T212).

3 Likes

FREETRADE let’s keep Kieran with us!!!

Desktop version to start with, please tell us in the next roadmap meeting that it is on schedule!!!

1 Like