[Feature Request 🔧] Price alerts 💰 🔔

I’d like to be alerted by the app when a stock hits a certain threshold (either higher than £x or lower than £y), so I can then make a decision to buy/sell…

I like the way you can set up alerts in coinbase. Granted, crypto is much more volatile - but it would be good to be able to set up a few price alerts on shares I own…

It would be good to set and ignore.

6 Likes

I feel like this could be integrated with smart limit orders and driven by the same rules - let the user decide what action is taken when a stock hits a certain level (alert me or buy or sell).

12 Likes

Price alerts aren’t on our roadmap right now, but we wouldn’t rule it out for the future! We’ve had requests for it in the past. It would take a bit of work to get right and we don’t want to add features that are too “tradery”.

3 Likes

A logical move once the watchlist is implemented

Phrase your looking for is limit order. It’s in the ideas somewhere

Edit: they’re on the roadmap for 3-6 months

1 Like

For those interested in such a feature, Webull allows you to set price alerts. Although it’s more trading focused, it complements Freetrade quite well.

2 Likes

The Finance service on IFTTT works quite well for me around price alerts.

1 Like

Just downloaded the app and I like it a lot. Can set up portfolios and watch lists and all in real time as well.

Love it. Thank you for your recommendation.

1 Like

Are there any plans to add price alerts to the app?

2 Likes

Any mention of this being added? I Would like to set up notifications for certain stocks when they reach a certain price. A competitor who must not be named uses it and it’s a very nice feature.
With no idea about what I’m talking about in regards to adding features in terms on engineering and man hours and the number of people it would take could some one enlighten me do such features take a lot of work ?

1 Like

It would be an absolute great add on but with FT’s lagging prices compared to other providers I can imagine it will make almost no difference unless stocks prices and charts turn to be more live and stop lagging behind.

6 Likes

Any updates on this from FT?

It would really help to optimise the investment process.

1 Like

On iPhone, could anybody recommend a stock alerts feature to use for now?

1 Like

I use webull

3 Likes

Just downloaded it, how are you setting stock alerts on there?

Click Menu, Sign in, Alerts.

1 Like

Picture of a bell on each stock chart

Got it, thank guys!

1 Like

Great recommendation! It’s a shame this kind information isn’t held within Freetrade.