[Feature Request 🔧] Price alerts 💰 🔔

Hi James, I am new to the platform and indeed the forum, but I just wondered whether price alerting (in its most simplistic) form was on the road map? So not thinking about stop limits and such, just the ability to have an alert on a price change set by the user.

3 Likes

Just thought that this would be really handy as I’m looking to sell some stock once it hits a certain percentage/price, see a lot of other people are also interested in the idea. Hopefully gets added to the roadmap if not already…

1 Like

Oh wow I would also love this feature actually, would save me checking the app manually so often

2 Likes

Yep, alerts and also stops / limits would be most welcome.

Ah, wasn’t aware it had that. Thanks!

Ditto, I’d also like this feature. Not sure what the Freetrade person meant earlier in this thread when he said they’re not adding features that are too “tradery”. A stock price alert would mean I won’t have to remember to check the app daily for a stock I’m trying to buy/sell. Since they added the watchlist, this feature would totally complement it. Also a stock price alert isn’t the same as a limit order in my view as those usually expire after some time (I think?) and they result in automatic action.
I’m interested in a stock price alert that would remain active for… as long as it takes to reach target price :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d rather they consider both together for precisely this reason. The rules imposed on limit orders by brokers are arbitrary and somewhat annoying. It would be really cool if freetrade built one feature for this and you could chain a set of rules, then specify the action. The action might be email me, notify me, buy the stock, sell the stock etc. I’d also appreciate if they didn’t block creation of limit orders because of not enough money - that should happen on execution, not on creating the rule.

You’d then get something much more sophisticated than just a stock alert with no extra work along with limit orders - your stock alert could warn if the price went above x for a certain time period for example, or went below x, or fell a trailing x % from the ATH. Those kind of rules are common on market orders and would be really nice in stock alerts too.

1 Like

Does anyone know if there is any update for price alerts being introduced?

3 Likes

I was just thinking a price alert within the app would be a really good feature.

I add companies onto my watchlist with the rationale that I’d like them below a certain price. But it’s easy to forget about them and requires regular checking. More often than not I will remember about the company a month later and see I’ve missed the dip I was looking for. A simple alert would be so handy.

A fair few votes for this feature here but I can’t see this on the roadmap unless it’s included under a generic heading such as stock fundamentals.

An alert is preferable for me over the limit order in the Plus account. Because once a limit order is placed it withholds the sum of money required for that order. I’d rather set target prices without tying up capital for an unknown quantity of time.

3 Likes

for that ft would first need to have live pricing.

2 Likes

I agree. I would find this feature really useful

1 Like

Hi James,

Could you please provide an update on this? Price notifications does not mean it is only used for traders but also for the small investor as well. If you don’t want to add this for the free one which I think it’s silly as other platforms feature it (Revolut) then at least add it for those using Freetrade Plus a paying service that should give you more features for trading.

2 Likes

Currently what is the best way somebody could suggest to set up price/percentage alerts?

Example % moves over a period of a month or a week or a day.

S&P 500
FTSE 100
NASDAQ
VIX VOLATILITY

Thanks in advance.

What would be excellent would be two types of price alerts.

• A fixed price alert where you set a price and it alerts you when it reaches that price then that alert is switched off.

And

• A dynamic price alert where you set a percentage and a time frame. For example 10% 24 hours. This price alert rides with the current price and only triggers if the price changes 10% or more in the space of 24 hours. As it is dynamic you can then leave the same alert on perpetually to alert you of any drastic changes to the prices.
2 Likes

I have about 30 stocks in my watchlist, which will rise to about 100. Unless I can set price alerts to tell me when they’ve hit my buy price, I can’t effectively Value invest. The current alternative is to remember my buy price across my watchlist and constantly check back. What a completely inefficient waste of time. Also it’s not practical to place limit orders on 30 different stocks. I don’t want to buy all of them!

This is such a basic function Freetrade. If Revolut can do it so can you! Up your game please!

5 Likes

Showing the % change as well as the absolute value as an alert would be helpful. Also to receive a notification from the alert and specific share/fund page too

For the time being:

Investing.com app allows you to set price alerts and recurring 5% - 10% movement alerts.

So each time the stock hits the 5% movement alert, it will then alert you the next 5% or 10% movement and so on…

You can set price alerts on YahooFinance, price alerts on FT wouldn’t work at the moment until the prices are updated more frequently.

It would be a nice feature to set price alerts for stocks.
Possibly for consideration on selling or buying a stock etc.

Also set alerts for an increase or decrease in stock price by a %.

1 Like
1 Like