Finki

The other thing to say is that I am then using my Google sheet to build an app thing that projects a portfolio forward 15+ years. Because we can’t see future performance it does stuff like round values down to the nearest 1 or 10k! Ie: some use cases might not need close-to-real time data, which might have architectural (caching?) or pricing implications for your api.

Quick demo of the Finki live* broker search facility (catchy title, no??)

(* not always live. RED indicates live search. Yellow indicates result came from database!)

Expect it to be buggy. I haven’t found anything major yet.

If you already know your ISIN you can jump straight to

In this case the ISIN is Apple (AAPL)… change it to get different results.

Enjoy!

1 Like

That is great and useful!

Merci
Gracias
Thanks
Cheers
@rod

2 Likes

Looking forward to ISA(bility) column
Also would be great it cost column too :+1:

@littlefinger

Do you want to know each providers ISA-eligibility marker or “my” assessment of the stocks ISA-eligibility?

I ask as (as always) the water is murky for a handful of stocks.

Take Alibaba for instance.

Recent listing in HK after years of listing primarily on some dodgy exchange and launching ADRs off the back of it via NY. Under the old structure the primary exchange would not be recogonised so would NOT be eligible. However with the HK listing looking like it is “primary” I would say Alibaba ADRs out of NY are now ISA eligible.

Yet… HL say yes and II say No…

https://www.ii.co.uk/shares/alibaba-group-holding-ltd-adr/NYSE:BABA

Perfect example of how the World has gone mad and the rules are often hard to implement accurately… Sigh!

I’ll be happy with this.

I did not think it would be this complex.
I’m moving my Iweb ISA to something new, so looking at current offerings all, mainly FT vs Trading212.
Thank you.

Trading212 stopped allowing US ETFs although they are still on the webpage and app. They seem to have allowed before but they don’t anymore because of regulation.

Hello, can I request a function that looks up an ISIN and returns the company name? E.g if I look up US0970231058, it replies “Boeing Co”.

Cheers!

1 Like

Gaz92, I’ve used Freetrade’s Securities Universe list and Google Sheet IMPORTRANGE function to allow me to type in (well copy and paste) the name. The formula then looks up the ISIN, which in turn can be used by Finki functions. Appreciate it’s the exact opposite of what you’ve asked for, but might be of use?!

For example, if stock name is in cell A2:
=IFERROR(vlookup(A2,IMPORTRANGE("https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-5eYQWyWLyRCiqgHpiqjSmCayLjODvDvVEHWRjW5VjM/edit#gid=633653636","All Stocks!A:F"),6,false),)

Question for Finki:
Are there plans to add company fundamentals? I love what’s been developed, but currently I don’t find it that useful. Top of the list for me would be: Current market cap, pre-tax profit (ideally TTM) and net current assets.

1 Like

Hi, yes, I’ve imported the Freetrade Universe as a sheet into my Google Sheets so I can then easily do look ups to it:

=IMPORTRANGE(“Freetrade Securities Universe - Google Sheets”, “All stocks!A1:F9999”)

IMO, it keeps the formula’s a bit tidier if i’m just referring to a different sheet rather than the whole URL!

My problem is that some of the names aren’t entirely correct. For example, IE00B4L60H17 on Freetrade is called “£ Corp Bond ex Fin”, when in reality, I’d prefer to see the proper name (iShares £ Corp Bond ex-Financials).

1 Like

Fair point! It took me a while to remember that Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust goes under the name “SMT” on Freetrade, for example.

1 Like

@Gaz92. Yep, leave it with me. I’d do it now but I’m Christmas drunk and watching The Holiday!!!

@Anders Certainly… just for you…I’ll look to add them ASAP and get you to test them for me… I’d do it now but it’s Christmas… so give me a short while… but, no problem, happy to help

2 Likes

@Gaz92

ok, your new function is ‘coName’

eg.

https://finki.io/callAPI.php?isin=US0970231058&function=coName

Please test and let me know if anything looks wrong!

Enjoy!

2 Likes

The keen amongst you have spotted FreeTrade setting up European securities ahead of launch!?!?!?

Use

Search for ENI or BBVA or any Euro stock you’ll see if FreeTrade have setup a holding page for that securities ISIN … might mean something… might mean nothing at all… I’m just the messenger!

If the search reveals ‘available’ on FT then click the link… the isin will be correct but the stock name will be ‘ndefine’

1 Like

Cheers mate!

“Current Market Cap” is now function “coMktCap”

eg.
https://finki.io/callAPI.php?isin=US0970231058&function=coMktCap

ONLY works with companies/ordinary stock. It will return 0 for ETFs and ITs.

Please test and report any bugs

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks @finki
The issue I’ve come across so far is working out what currency the market cap is being reported in. Am I right in thinking the issue stems from some of the ISINs I am getting from the Freetrade Stock Universe sheet actually being from the Boerse Berlin? See Berkshire Hathaway, PayPal and Shell below, which are reported in Euros for example.

Notes Freetrade Freetrade FinKi Freetrade FinKi FinKi (m) Google Finance (m) Calculation Bloomberg manual lookup (m) Bloomberg manual lookup
Name ISIN Ticker ukSymbol Currency ukCurrency coMktCap marketcap Difference % Market Cap Currency
Berkshire Hathaway US0846707026 BRK.B BRYN USD USD 497,174.06 554,233.66 -11.48% 496218 EUR
PayPal US70450Y1038 PYPL 2PP USD USD 115,068.96 128,773.63 -11.91% 116081 EUR
Twilio US90138F1021 TWLO TWLO USD USD 13,795.31 13,941.57 -1.06%
Mastercard US57636Q1040 MA MA USD USD 300,116.77 299,783.31 0.11%
Fullers GB00B1YPC344 FSTA FSTA GBP GBX 536.04 #N/A #N/A 543.513 GBP
Shell GB00B03MM408 RDSB R6C3 GBP GBP 209,816.76 233,356.43 -11.22% 210544 EUR
888 GI000A0F6407 888 888 GBP GBX 614 607.74 1.02%
Activision Blizzard US00507V1098 ATVI ATVI USD USD 45,181.37 45,488.67 -0.68%
Netflix US64110L1061 NFLX NFLX USD USD 146,025.33 143,952.31 1.42% 145776 USD
Johnson & Johnson US4781601046 JNJ JNJ USD USD 384,069.14 383,990.11 0.02%
Restaurant Group GB00B0YG1K06 RTN RTN GBP GBX 801.14 #N/A #N/A 786.394 GBP

This is already useful though, as it has more info the GOOGLEFINANCE, which seems to be missing smaller UK companies. It’s helped me spot that when I originally looked at Fullers, I appear to have got the wrong market cap somehow. :scream:

Quite possibly. Trading currency doesn’t always equal Mlt Cap Currency! Confusing, right? A quirk of the UK companies! “Most” trade GBX but release financials in GBP. It’s like they go out of their way to make this as hard as possible!!!

Regarding “Currency” - my fault… I made it and didn’t tell you!!!

Your functionName is “coMktCapCurrency”

eg.

https://finki.io/callAPI.php?isin=GB00B03MLX29&function=coMktCapCurrency

Enjoy

EDIT : It’s a work-in-progress… I can immediately see some issues… hang in there… I’ll crush these bugs! US feed seems to work…but I’ve managed to cause errors with any UK mkt cap data …

1 Like