Forum AMA with Nick Fell, Freetrade VP of Marketing, Fri 29th Oct, 1 PM

Top lad that Nick Fell. Right, when do we get to Unicorn :unicorn:

2 Likes

We there

2 Likes

Thanks @nickfell, now back to workšŸ˜‚

@nickfell

@NeilB ā€¦ Despite your lack of Cineworld sharesā€¦ :grinning: :grinning: I think youā€™d be absolutely perfect for this roleā€¦

You are always very welcoming, helpful, informative, humourous and much more to members new and old.

10 Likes

@NeilB would make a good choice.

Work would include monitoring Junoā€™s various accounts and posts!

3 Likes

I turned 50 this month. I doubt I am alone. Been using the Internet since I was 17.

13 Likes

@Optimisery @Coolsmp

6 Likes

@nickfell Iā€™d love to know more about your plans to get more women into investing. If your mission is truly to get everyone investing it seems you should over index on women (who are typically less active investors than men).

I understand about 85% of FTs users are men so thereā€™s a lot of work to be done. Given no brokers are doing a good job of encouraging women to invest / building a platform that appeals to women I think thereā€™s a huge opportunity here.

Iā€™d personally love to hear from some top female fund managers / entrepreneurs if youā€™re planning any content / AMAs.

8 Likes

The role Nick mentioned above for anyone interested:

5 Likes

I like the way they worded the qualification section: ā€œBachelorā€™s degree from a reputable universityā€

What do they consider reputable? Does this include the university of American Somoa

6 Likes

Maybe one of the Russell Group Universities

4 Likes

What happened to ā€œyou will meet the boss and HRā€ :rofl: These hipster companies are funny in their names for roles. Of all the leadership roles I have gone for or done over the years it has always been either meeting a director plus HR or a panel then a tour. And what the heck is a cultural interview?

I was watching the last episode of Steve Coogan in Happyish when I read the job spec and it made me feel older than I am and like him :rofl: :man_facepalming:

The application process consists of a short phone interview with the Talent Team, which will then be followed by a call with our VP of Marketing. If successful you will then do a take home task and present it back to a panel of our Marketing leadership team and then a final cultural interview with our Associate Director of People.

On the plus side if they find a candidate with all the requirements it should be great for the forums etc. :+1:

1 Like

Shows they are taking the Community position pretty seriously. All that is not cheapšŸ˜…. The ā€˜take home taskā€™ will be how to deal with a particularly difficult community member.

5 Likes

The hiring process includes moderating a 1h dialogue between @Stevoo and @Juno :thinking:

9 Likes

Or thinking of ways to keep Juno banned

4 Likes

Why donā€™t we do Honey as a pod! Would be great for the tube into work, in the same vein as listening to FT pod and finimise

5 Likes

Definitely think @NeilB should go for the role after how he dealt with this thread:
https://community.freetrade.io/t/can-somebody-please-help-me/54473

3 Likes

Iā€™ll ace the interview!

I think Iā€™d fit right in at a Fintech.

2 Likes

The jobs yours!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 416 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.