Freetrade AMA on Clubhouse, Wed 17th Feb, 6 PM

• Do you plan to introduce a JISA (ideally with one account managing an ISA and a JISA)?

• Any plans to improve the UI (esp. graphs and 1D, 1M, 1Y % changes in Investments / Watchlist)?

• Any plans to introduce price offers on Instant Orders with the ability to accept/reject the offer?

• In the light of Wall Street Bets Reddit activity, what is your take on the legality of groups of retail investors discussing trading individual stocks en masse?

3 Likes

Another question I would like to ask…

I’d like to think that growth will be good… can you talk about whether the influx of new customers in the past few weeks will help Freetrade accelerate development of features and services? Do more users just produce enough revenue to cover their support costs, or do they produce a surplus that can be used for development? And if so, when might we expect to begin seeing the benefits of growth?

I hope someone will be able to report back to those of us who can’t attend.

4 Likes

Is crypto coming, and if so - when?

3 Likes

They’ve hired someone recently with crypto in the job title, can’t remember exactly but it must be on the cards.

1 Like

Still looking unless you know something

1 Like

LISA, LISA, LISA… will Freetrade be launching it’s LISA during the coming tax year or should those of us who have on with another provider keep on investing in the one we have?

It’s ok if it’s not on the near term roadmap, it would just help with planning ahead :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Who are you? Because you never mentioned AJ Bell, so im suspicious.

8 Likes

We’re excited about the Clubhouse tonight!

And, as promised, next week we’ll have our full-scale community meetup on Zoom.

See you tonight :wave:

12 Likes

Australia? I read the news your entering that market. What can we expect? As will this allow UK investors access to Australian exchanges?

3 Likes

And following on - any chance that New Zealand will follow Australia (assuming it would be run out of Perth - ** typo I meant Brisbane)? Is there any rough timeline for when Australia launch is planned for?

Also, many are excited for auto-invest features. Can you share anything on when you expect to launch this functionality?

Finally, If possible can you briefly talk us through the enforced FX capacity cut, reasons for it and how the team were able to conceive and implement a solution over the following weekend so successfully. Kudos.

4 Likes

Based on the job ads, it will be run out of Brisbane.

2 Likes

Yep 100% - total non-thinking typo, had seen the ad and where the Freetrade Engineer was moving back to, the brain just shut down for a sec - from a former Australia & NZ Regional Manager that’s quite a shocking error!! :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Guys and girls on Android,

Due to uncertainty about the compliance of the stream outside the Clubhouse app, will not be sharing the link publicly. Send me a DM if needed. Best doing it before the event begins

1 Like

Here we go! @Viktor already requesting the Chicago Bulls intro music :joy:

3 Likes

@Viktor’s background noise on the Clubhouse

10 Likes

He does tend to tap near his laptop mic

Anyone fancy doing a summary, sadly had technical difficulties

4 Likes

Would very much appreciate any notes/points from the call :pray:t4:

4 Likes

Freetrade working on a system for alerting people if their deposit hasn’t been matched to their account and a timeframe for when it will

Nice to hear :+1:

6 Likes

They’ve received a single SIPP transfer of £1 million, nice!

Edit: I’m doubting myself now, can anybody else confirm? :joy:

11 Likes