Freetrade Roadmap: Reloaded

Fractionals will include shares and ETFs. We’ll clarify this more clearly on the roadmap :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fractionals and instant deposits are the two most important things right now, they should be prioritised.

An expanded stock universe is great but most people can’t by an Amazon share cause of the cost.

1 Like

True portfolio return is crucial, glad to see it actively being worked on!

3 Likes

One payment going being allocated to a portfolio of investments that you built: nice.

I’d love to see Lifestrategy or similar on Freetrade. There is clearly a market need for encouraging novice investors. But one problem with that and pre-made allocations might be that it’d qualify as Financial Advice, which I think Freetrade isn’t allowed to do.

1 Like

They might not be qualified now - but if Nutmeg can get qualified, I am sure Freetrade could too. This will definitely be a smart acquisition strategy for novice investors who can then be educated and introduced to building their own portfolios all on freetrade.

1 Like

Any chance you’d able to chuck this into the “better graphs” section? :wink:

2 Likes

Love a play on words and this message. Anything that clarifies & emphasises Freetrade is built for long term investing over short term trading is a differentiator. :ballot_box:

4 Likes

Is the ramp up of new stocks part of the investment platform? Or still legacy infrastructure?

I’d like to see multi-currency as a separate deliverable. I guess it’s part of the European expansion, but it could come earlier, or include US$ when it does.

2 Likes

I might of found a hidden page on your website relating to this :wink:

5 Likes

All I want for Christmas are fractional US shares

3 Likes

Great news about hearing ISA transfers will start soon! When transfers are allowed in, will it also be technically possible to transfer an ISA away from Freetrade? I’d just rather not feel trapped, that’s all.

Absolutely, yes, in fact we already offer transfer out as cash with no fees.

4 Likes

Hi Viktor,

Regarding the ‘new investment platform’, I’ve read previously that this will allow Freetrade to add thousands of stocks. There doesn’t seem to be reference to this above. Is there a timeline for when this will be complete and the thousands of stocks will be added?

For me, this is one of the key requirements as only having a few hundred stocks in the app really affects investment potential.

Cheers

1 Like

This is the one: Trello

5 Likes

It’s a fair question though. 10x is not exactly thousands. That was the key factor (timeline wise) I bought into the most recent financing round. Can you please be more specific?

1 Like

Will be good to get more ETF’s, are you going to be dropping anymore soon ? :grinning:

Well. There are 300 stocks roughly. 10 times 300 is 3000. Ten times more is thus 3000 more, which is by definition ‘thousands more’.

4 Likes

Isn’t it around 150, not 300?

There’s 129 :us: & 247 :uk: securities.

382 in total

1 Like