Freetrade Roadmap: Reloaded

Definitely, and I expect weā€™ll do that. Itā€™s deeply interesting. Most customers care about the outcome of it, and itā€™s important to recognise that. We prefer to spend the majority of our limited comms resources on telling our community about the things that they actually care about.

3 Likes

Great to see so many of the communities suggestions on the roadmap as well. Itā€™s a bit like the Acquired podcast w/ Xaoimi, where the users vote on a forum for what they want to see. Thanks a lot Viktor. Bookmarked!

3 Likes

Hey Kenny - thatā€™s a good shout. Weā€™re putting a talk together now for a future community event. Once dates are sorted weā€™ll announce on the community.

Edit: oops, missed @Viktorā€™s reply already!

2 Likes

Fractionals will include shares and ETFs. Weā€™ll clarify this more clearly on the roadmap :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fractionals and instant deposits are the two most important things right now, they should be prioritised.

An expanded stock universe is great but most people canā€™t by an Amazon share cause of the cost.

1 Like

True portfolio return is crucial, glad to see it actively being worked on!

3 Likes

One payment going being allocated to a portfolio of investments that you built: nice.

Iā€™d love to see Lifestrategy or similar on Freetrade. There is clearly a market need for encouraging novice investors. But one problem with that and pre-made allocations might be that itā€™d qualify as Financial Advice, which I think Freetrade isnā€™t allowed to do.

1 Like

They might not be qualified now - but if Nutmeg can get qualified, I am sure Freetrade could too. This will definitely be a smart acquisition strategy for novice investors who can then be educated and introduced to building their own portfolios all on freetrade.

1 Like

Any chance youā€™d able to chuck this into the ā€œbetter graphsā€ section? :wink:

2 Likes

Love a play on words and this message. Anything that clarifies & emphasises Freetrade is built for long term investing over short term trading is a differentiator. :ballot_box:

4 Likes

Is the ramp up of new stocks part of the investment platform? Or still legacy infrastructure?

Iā€™d like to see multi-currency as a separate deliverable. I guess itā€™s part of the European expansion, but it could come earlier, or include US$ when it does.

2 Likes

I might of found a hidden page on your website relating to this :wink:

5 Likes

All I want for Christmas are fractional US shares

3 Likes

Great news about hearing ISA transfers will start soon! When transfers are allowed in, will it also be technically possible to transfer an ISA away from Freetrade? Iā€™d just rather not feel trapped, thatā€™s all.

Absolutely, yes, in fact we already offer transfer out as cash with no fees.

4 Likes

Hi Viktor,

Regarding the ā€˜new investment platformā€™, Iā€™ve read previously that this will allow Freetrade to add thousands of stocks. There doesnā€™t seem to be reference to this above. Is there a timeline for when this will be complete and the thousands of stocks will be added?

For me, this is one of the key requirements as only having a few hundred stocks in the app really affects investment potential.

Cheers

1 Like

This is the one: Trello

5 Likes

Itā€™s a fair question though. 10x is not exactly thousands. That was the key factor (timeline wise) I bought into the most recent financing round. Can you please be more specific?

1 Like

Will be good to get more ETFā€™s, are you going to be dropping anymore soon ? :grinning: