Freetrade share price 📈

good shout.

2 Likes

In my experience, convertibles usually mean the company is doing badly and wants to mask the share price while getting in additional funds. So I really wouldn’t like to see Freetrade go that route.

5 Likes

That graph shows 750,000 daily users. If that is not magnificent then I don’t know what is.

2 Likes

I think future investors will be looking at growth rate though. All speculation, anyway.

Maybe revenue and potential to turn that into profit.

That’s normal once we start reaching market saturation within a region. Next step for Freetrade is international expansion and imo the valuation going forward will be depending on how well they execute that.

5 Likes

The UK market is far from saturated and to focus simply on user growth is exactly the problem that Netflix got themselves into.

More relevant metrics would be -

CAC - Customer Acquisition cost.
AUM - Asset under management.
% of users who have upgraded from GIA
ARPU - Average Revenue Per User.

We don’t get access to the numbers but a series C will be set with VC’s who do.

Aside from EU expansion the app has a solid critical mass of users, it’s time to start generating more revenue with new features.

12 Likes

MoneyDashboard Moneybox has raised over £4m so far, so there’s still a lot of appetite for fintechs. That’s got to be good news.

Also, Freetrade have traditionally raised relatively small amounts in comparison to equivalent European and US startups. The large secondary transaction offer around the Series B raise was also a good sign.

2 Likes

Money Dashboard is where I just lost all my money? Lol. They just sold up at like 90% loss.

3 Likes

My bad, meant Moneybox :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Did you get your annual fee statement? If we all posted our charges we could figure out a rough estimate on ARPU

1 Like

Lmao

2 Likes

It would be hard to to get a representative sample but that’s a great idea.

1 Like

It’s also not really a typical year but it’s around £15/sign-up or £30/active user or 150bps.

1 Like

Who bought Money Dashboard? I like their product so interested if there will still be further development and if security updates will be maintained. If not then I’m going to ask for my account and date to be removed.

I just checked I had £720 of charges! Ok maybe FT is doing ok lol.

8 Likes

Do you see charges once you have been with FT for a year?

Clear Score got them for a steal

2 Likes

I had over £300 in charges, however looking at the statement that includes things like stamp duty and withholding tax which doesn’t go to Freetrade

1 Like

Nice after-hours pop on Robinhood today. Let’s see if it holds.

1 Like