Freetrade share price 📈

Its probably best to either link to the mentioned report or alternatively, not post unfounded rumours that can cause reactions like the one above.

1 Like

Is there a newer one than this?

It mentions a £1.8m devaluation. Which given that their total investment is somewhere above £12m isn’t that bad considering the market conditions.

5 Likes

yes this is the latest one, don’t think they mentioned the actual devaluation figure of the non-core ones, freetrade no-longer within their core poftolio. their core portfolio on average dropped by 6%+, so freetrader should have dropped by 10% on share price.

Where did you find that 1.8m

2 Likes

Page 3

“There were net unrealised valuation losses on
investments of £9.3 million in the period; the
largest write downs being IESO Digital Health
Limited (£2.3m), Freetrade Limited (£1.8m),
Primary Bid Limited (£1.8m) and Cervest
Limited (£1.3m) as valuations and valuation
comparables dropped in difficult market
conditions.”

1 Like

I think we need to wait for an updated one - given the big changes in the market it might be lower or similar. Reason for that being that since September to now the market has continued to be volatile BUT at the same time FT seems to be tightening up their ship and steering towards break even ANOTHER BUT is the fact that EU expansion is not an immediate focus anymore so not sure how that might affect valuation. So a lot of variables to take that report as still relevant as is in my opinion. To be fair all is theoretical until an event like a Sale, Raise or IPO.

4 Likes

On another subject: does anyone remember the terms of the loan FT took out last May (the £30m) and if they were converting to shares in a year’s time or later? That might be an indication as to how /when a raise/sale might be happening as they’d need to address that as I am not sure they’d want that to convert to shares at that price given the restructuring measures they put in place - or maybe they would, don’t know.

i think the £30m were converted at a valuation of £3.77 per share

1 Like

thanks - but I don’t think they didn’t convert to shares yet. I think they convert once a new raise is done or when a certain period passes and then they convert at the 3.77 you mentioned. I was more interested when that period was/would finish of when the loan would convert to shares at 3.77. Might have also misread the previous raise and they already were issued at that price but I don’t think since it was a loan and the September one was a convertible loan as well.

12 months longstop date at £3.44 or when new funding of over 40m is raised.

20% discount on the new funding price per share is that route is taken.

Cool - so around 20 May we should get some sort of update and sense of valuation - as in if it converts at 3.44 that will probably be the most realistic price at that moment. If they raise that will give us a better sense obvs. of either up, down or same. Let’s see.

The longstop date isn’t until 22/11/2023.

Aaa - OK. Thanks for the clarification :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, can anyone guide me on how to sell 40 B Investment Shares, and a ball park ask price for each share? Thanks

2 Likes

I don’t think you’re allowed to discuss buying/selling shares in this forum but maybe worth trying on the Freetrade Crowdcube forum (I’m not sure if it’s allowed there but I have seen others post there).

Not sure if an official way to buy and sell has been detailed since Freetrade is a private company.

40 shares probably worth about £150. Not worth selling!

£4/share ? Optimistic.

1 Like

Be patient my friend and your shares will be worth between £15-£20 when they IPO in 2024/25

10 Likes

Yes, be patient, it’s happening.
We’ve just peaked in rates in the US. As soon as the fed starts dropping rates, stock markets will start going up and with that retail trading activity will increase which is what FT needs.

3 Likes

Actually when they paused then we get the drop mate! Really fast…

This was 2 days ago. Just signaling this as a reminder.

1 Like