Freetrade's crowdfunding round 📈

Regarding that 7.5% fee. I imagine Freetrade might get a bit of a refund after this…!

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to invest via the app, on the browser, every possible way since the moment the thing opened up… And nothing. People who don’t even use the app somehow managed to invest! Really really disappointed.
Monzo gave 24h to invest for their users before it opened up for everyone else.
The 20mins you guys gave us… well turns out everyone and their neighbours could easily access the “private” early access. Crowdcube apparently notified their users also.
Feels really crappy.
Ton of PR might be good, but as a freetrade user I feel disappointed and angry to be treated this way.

5 Likes

This is already getting coverage on other fintech forums and its clear the fault is with CC not being able to handle the traffic but perception is everything and this hasnt looked great for Freetrade when this should have been a great PR excercise in terms of popularity and speed of funding etc… - now everyone will talk about is the great royal F**k up of round 4 funding

3 Likes

Yes. You get relief of 30% off your tax bill, then no CGT when you sell (with certain restrictions). More detail here. So EIS is only really relevant for larger investors (over a few hundred say).

The cc app just started working. But then I got the “Restricted to certain users” message. I have 19 minutes before I have to get back to my day job. Really hope this gets sorted by then!

Is it possible to merge two investments into one to receive the higher reward perk?

The rewards are based on the total invested. So if you did 2.5k twice in the same round then your overall would be 5k. Which means you would get the 5k reward.

The real reward will be seeing a great product ( Freetrade is nailing this right now ) and the eventual massive exit :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great, thanks :+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Any chance you start a new funding round with the same terms, preferably not on CC?

1 Like

Sadly missed out dispite being on from 1140

honestly what I think you guys should do is cancel what just happened, and start over giving REAL preference to existing users @Freetrade_Team1 @Viktor

should go live again once CC have sorted their issues.

1 Like

What can we do, is the campaign going back up?

Been trying since 11:40, but no success. Gutted if I miss out

Indeed. It’s a shame. I’m gunning for Freetrade, hence wanting to invest. Doubt FT will mention how crap the CC experience was in their literature (I wouldn’t, tbh), so CC will effectively get away with having a sub-par functioning investment experience.
If I have a company heading for funding I think CC will be at the bottom of my list, for sure.

4 Likes

I don’t want to sit at my computer all day. When can we the listing to be online again?

How do you get past the page the investor assesment page ?

Currently, you don’t!

Stuck in limbo because of their dodgy servers!

1 Like

I’ve tried to invest another CC campaign (not freetrade) . Still the same page

It’s definitely going back up. Crowdcube is working on fixing their technical issues as I’m typing.

Please check back on this thread a bit later today. :pray:

We are awfully sorry for this experience. We’ll keep everyone posted.

5 Likes