Freetrade's crowdfunding round šŸ“ˆ

They have paused it so it wont let you continue for now

also on the instructions yesterday giving on how to invest on CC shouldā€™ve made it clear that the investor assesment takes a long time to get approved

2 Likes

I put in a support request, but assuming it was broken created a new account as well. But then they removed the Freetrade listing, so I donā€™t know if this will be the solution.

You can through the FAQ under Benefits for investors > ā€œWhat rewards will investors receive?ā€

1 Like

I was for ages, then it just took me back to their home page. Appalling if I miss out, already wasted an hour and a half of my day

Iā€™ve managed to invest but Iā€™d be happy for freetrade to re run this. On monzos platform :thinking:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think early access has much to do with this as it was crashing while it was still private :thinking:

I doubt many people who see it appear on Crowdcube would be fast enough to invest either. Itā€™s just lots of demand within the wider communityā€¦

1 Like

I get ā€œOpportunity is restricted to certain usersā€ message when I try to invest?

1 Like

Did you also get the message ā€œError - This opportunity is not accessible for the current userā€?

1 Like

Personally think this could have all been a little less ridic with a 24hr restricted window. The whole 20 minutes thing has just created unnecessary chaos and anger IMHO. It doesnā€™t surprise me there were tech issues. Good learnings for all I hopeā€¦

5 Likes

Yup, can confirm:

1 Like

So disappointing. Did anyone kick the tyres on CCā€™s infrastructure? Why just 20 ā€œtheoreticalā€ minutes pre-public access to existing investors etc? So many lessons I hope you learn, likely all avoidable, frustratingly. Reminds me of sodding Brexitā€¦

Better get some work done.

Is it an option to cancel everything and have a do-over?..

2 Likes

Yes and also had ā€˜Assessment not completedā€™ - which was stuck in Limbo for first time CC users.

the truth is that it wasnā€™t truly in private at all
crowdcube notified their users in that ā€œprivateā€ time also
freetrade was telling everyone that you can share the link with others and etc
there was nothing private about the 20mins to ā€œopenā€

3 Likes

I was also saying they should cancel and start over and do it properly. With PROPER early access to actual users.

1 Like

Yes was a very odd way to do it

Monzo was able to do it so Freetrade could of used the mdoel they did

1 Like

Bad gateway for a while, now private link doesnā€™t work. Totally annoying, been trying since 11:45

Monzo were raising Ā£20 million and knew there would be a lot left over for new investors. 24 hours with Freetrade would have been completely gone and no opportunity for new people

2 Likes

CC had full knowledge of this yet it appears that they didnā€™t prepareā€¦