Fuel & Gas Crisis 😱⛽️

Thought I would start a new thread about the current fuel crisis for those who wish to discuss

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/business/2021/sep/24/what-is-causing-the-uk-crisis-in-petrol-supplies

A petrol station local to me shared when their next fuel delivery was on their Facebook page (who’s following a petrol station on Facebook is beyond me!) and they had a queue of over 75 cars when the tanker arrived!

1 Like

Our local supermarket had a 2 car queue last night at 5pm but does get longer mid week in peak hours. Not sure why people are not going at quieter times.

2 Likes

Our local garage is limiting you to £30 worth of fuel which hopefully will stop the idiots filling up cans as well as their cars and the garage not running dry.

2 Likes

One of the Tescos near me had run dry precisely because of idiots filling up jerry cans…

2 Likes

This reminds me of the toilet roll fiasco all over again. :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper: :roll_of_toilet_paper:

4 Likes

Our local Tesco had queues of 30 mins and longer. A lot of supermarkets and garages round here have had huge queues. I live right near a motorway service station and people are even queuing down the slip road.

I really don’t get it. There isn’t a shortage - It’s just people being selfish and greedy, and only thinking of themselves.

5 Likes

People who actully work as tanker drivers have said people have followed the tanker to where ever its going then fueling.

1 Like

We still have not got any issues about food or fuel in Scotland where I live it seems to be more England at the moment although I heard about Aberdeen now starting to see some issues.

This must be the most stupid people on the planet :joy: Imagine if the tanker is empty or going 300 miles away! :man_facepalming:

5 Likes

Haha yeah it’s stupid but then it’s the public. What’s more stupid is the UK crying about immigrants and wanting them out for 4 years but now realise they had zero brains and didn’t think it through. Now we have food and fuel shortages due to a lack of drivers so now Christmas is set to be canceled. So then they now want to allow them back just to save our Christmas then they have to leave on the 24th of December as their not welcome.

Then stupid Pritl Patel comes out with the best one liner to ensure the UK is really fked.

“Its a privilege for foreign workers to be able to work in the UK and should not be abused”

Yeah as if the workers weren’t already bitter they see what she now says, the workers have told the UK its on its own and they won’t help.

I of course think some desperate ones will return as that’s just what happens but yeah. Long story short the UK is screwed until we get our own drivers up in running which will take some time.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Uk100 tanks like it already is.

3 Likes

Not sure my Xmas is going to be cancelled :joy: Maybe just my neck of the woods but don’t see many things missing on the shelves and next to no queues in the petrol stations. Media are blowing it well out of proportion.

The haulage industry say it was 100k drivers short and 15k left so Brexit isn’t the reason, it is the terrible pay and conditions due to cheap labour in the past. Yes stopping all immigration is stupid and possibly sending people away but the industry has been it’s own worst enemy in this.

People should be asking why we have hundreds of thousands of people with licences who don’t want the work? It has been cheaper to get agency drivers, usually foreign, and use and abuse their hours for far too long.

That’s NOT to say HMG have not made a mess of it but even the RHA admit it is far more complicated and been ignored for years. I would still bet Xmas happens just fine as it is becoming a norm to claim it will be cancelled for something in the media now.

2 Likes

Yeah like I said above we still don’t have issues, some places on the politics form have stated its easing now. It’s nuts the media do the same thing and everyone follows like sheep yet again… I mean I thought they had learned from the last time HA Jokes ofc course they wouldn’t learn its the same selfish people as last time me me me 2021 problems.

Yeah you state vaild points above about the pay and about the listing for 100k jobs. A lot of companies have increased the salery so we shall see.

1 Like

:+1: Oh I am NOT defending the government at all. Just of all the bad things about Brexit it may be that we start to pay properly in some sectors that previously were low wage and awful conditions but easy to get Franco the foreigner to do.

I 100% think we need more immigration than a closed shop but this pain may be a blessing to those who are now getting better pay deals etc. I find it funny Amazon manage to deliver on time still and some big food serving places are finding staff fine. Maybe they have better pay and conditions?

1 Like

Yeah they do have better pay. I agree on the other points.

I found this interesting post it’s a week old states your points and more.

4 Likes

Excellent article and was exactly my point :+1: Well found :clap:

2 Likes

If your in Scotland then Ive no doubt that Scotland will leave the UK and rejoin the EU and have free movement again so least you’ll be alright while little England sits in it splendid isolation lol :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

No that would just be a other head ache which most young people and everyone would have to look forward to paying. The UK breaking away from EU is nothing compared to what it will be like if Scotland breaks away from England or vice versa.

1 Like