GlaxoSmithKline 💊 💉- GSK

More pressure on the company

1 Like

2 Likes
2 Likes

That share graph isn’t great but there’s been £3.39 per share paid out in dividends over that same time period.

3 Likes

Must read for anyone following GSK

1 Like

Interesting read… clearly they want new management going forward!

1 Like

But will they get it, lots of blowing hot air in this letter but broadly backing the 10 year plan.
I’m buying more shares as I think regardless of who’s running the show the company will improve its performance

1 Like

Reports are that the GSK board have dismissed the letter, refusing to change board members.

'GlaxoSmithKline is fighting back against Elliott Management by backing boss Emma Walmsley.

Responding to a 17-page letter published by the Wall Street raider, the pharmaceutical giant’s board dismissed calls to review Walmsley’s position as chief executive and said they ‘strongly believe’ she is the right person for the job.

The response comes after Elliott demanded the firm conducted a search for an ‘appropriate’ leader after its consumer healthcare business is spun off next year. This would have effectively required Walmsley, 52, to re-apply for her position.’ ~ This Is Money

2 Likes

On the BBC today -
Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is set to create up to 5,000 new jobs as part of a plan to build one of the largest life sciences sites in Europe.
GSK boss Emma Walmsley is selling the company’s consumer healthcare division, which makes big-brand products including Sensodyne and Panadol.

2 Likes

It will take a good 5 to 10 years before this fully up and running and really just an extension of their current site at Stevenage.

1 Like

4 Likes

what are peoples thoughts of buying GSK atm? Yes or wait until the break up of the company?

If your buying for the longer term…

If they dont split, then should still be steady with dividends,

If they do, then as well as as the divvies, itll likey also generate shares on the new company (but would likey water the current stock price down to match)

If your short term buying? No idea. The 3:10 at kempston might just be as good

1 Like

In theory the two separate companies should be worth more apart than together. I’ll explain -

The old theory of cost savings has created, through merger and acquisitions, some conglomerates that have unit with little to do with each other. This means that the cost savings often don’t materialise.
We
Worse is that their harder to value, is GSK a drugs company or a FMCG company? You tend to find the whole of the business valued at the lowest multiple.

I can’t tell you if it’s a good buy or to wait because only you can decide if you see value at what the market sets the price to be.

I have been buying into this company on a regular basis since May 2021 topping up my allocation every month till Nov 21. I plan to buy some more next month when I have more cash to invest. That’s what I’m doing, you might think differently. As always best do your own research to make sure you are happy with your decision which ever way that goes.

2 Likes

The dividend yield seems to have been slashed on GSK and with the demerger on the horizon and the devaluation that appears to be associated with that, how many people feel it is maybe time to jump ship until the dust settles on the split and seeing where both GSK and Haleon are a few months after?

I’m keeping my GSK shares until the demerger precisely because I want free shares in Haleon. If the dividend doesn’t increase after that, I may start offloading at that point though.

2 Likes

GSK to pay $2.1 billion upfront and up to $1.2 billion in potential development milestones

3 Likes

Sanofi-Glaxo Covid booster beats rivals in variants test

2 Likes